Baked Apples On Cabbage Soup Diet
How to Lose 15-20 Pounds by Eating Soup
Rating: 3 / 5 ( 215953)
Weight Loss Soups
How to survive the Cabbage Soup Diet without chewing your arm off!
You want to lose weight?
You want to lose weight, and fast? You've heard that the cabbage soup diet can help you drop 7-10 pounds in just 7 days?В The cabbage soupВ diet does work BUT you have to be prepared for it - if you don't plan out what you are going to eat you'll just feel angry ALL the time! I'm going to give you some great recipe tips to get you through the next 7 days, which, believe me, will feel like the longest 7 days of your life if you don't put some serious consideration into what you'll be eating over the next week.
Before you read the rest of this article please be aware that this diet is a short term diet only and NOT something you should do for any longer than the 7 days or more often than once a month. You may want to speak to your doctor first and definitely, definitely stop if you start to feel really ill, faint or dizzy!
This is a low calorie, low fat diet and is not suitable for anyone with a really active job, children or adolescents.
Remember that this diet will only work if you use iit for what it is - a kick start, not a magic cure.В You need to continue to eat healthily once you finish. This is not a long term diet.
Whatever you do, if you decide to try this diet - eat loads of whatever you are allowed each day - DO NOT starve yourself!
This is hilarious!
Cabbage, cabbage, cabbage.
You can get the recipe off loads of sites and they're all pretty similar, the staple ingredients don't vary - i.e. cabbage (which isn't actually the main ingredient - onions are). This is the recipe I have used, you can add various seasonings to enhance (or mask) the flavour but if you hate cabbage or vegetables then I just can't help you I'm afraid and this may not be the diet for you!
1/2 head cabbage (green leafy cabbage is best, roughly chopped)
6 large onions (peeled and roughly chopped)
3 large carrots (peeled and roughly chopped)
1 bunch celery (washed and trimmed)
2 green peppers (deseeded and roughly chopped)
1 vegetable stock cube
1 packet of onion soup mix
To flavour; salt, pepper, cayenne, curry powder, cumin, worcestershire sauce, tobasco (use your imagination but I wouldn't suggest all of these at once!)
- Place all ingredients into a LARGE stock pan, top up with water, bring to the boil then simmer for 20-30 minutes until all the veg is cooked through.
- Now blend, you may prefer to only blend a little while so that you have chunks of veg -others prefer it completely all blended into a puree. It's down to personal taste at the end of the day but I would highly recommend at least some blending.
- Taste and season to your preference.
- Enjoy! Well, try to anyway. I quite like it myself but after a few days even I get bored of the taste so try to vary the extra flavours.
I find that the quantities above willВ serve 2 people for 2 days.
Other sites to look at:
Cabbage Soup Diet - The 7 day eating plan for rapid weight loss
It's a tough one - you mainly eat cabbage soup, fruit, other veg and some meat on this very low-calorie diet, but you could lose a massive 10lbs by next week The Cabbage soup diet is a low-calorie diet which allows you to lose 10lbs in a week eating.
The cabbage soup diet is a very strict temporary diet plan and is for anyone wishing to lose weight fast
Day 1- Soup and fruit
Today you may eat as much soup and fruit (no bananas) that you can physically fit into your body. Make sure that you've prepared your soup in advance and eat it whenever you want - ou can literally eat as much of it as you'd like! I would recommend preparing your breakfast the night before - a large fruit salad is good. Fill up, because if you start the day hungry you're more likely to cave! Whenever you're hungry grab a piece of fruit and or have a hot drink like herbal tea, unsweetened tea or hot water with a slice of lemon. You can also drink unsweetened cranberry juice but the hot drink will make you feel more satisfied! Also make sure you drink plenty of water.
There's a limit to how inventive you can be on this day but I have a couple of suggestions:
- Fruit salads - try to eat as many different types of fruit as possible today and lots of apples as these are more filling.
- Try adding different seasonings to your soup at lunchtime to dinnertime, for example have salt and pepper on your lunchtime soup but add curry powder to your evening soup.
- Salad - have a huge bowl of salad with loads of lettuce, tomatoes (fruit), cucumber (fruit) and peppers (fruit). I'd have this at dinner time with your soup.
- Puddings - well kind of anyway. Try cooking a mix of peeled, cored and chopped apples with a little water and a good shake of cinnamon - surprisingly satisfying for that sweet craving! You could also try a baked apple with cinnamon or honey. Try it with pears and star anise, or a mix of berries, you get the picture.
- Snacks - remember that sweet peppers are fruit so snack on these and cucumber sticks. Whizz up some fruit and ice to make iced drinks.
Day 2 - Soup, Vegetables and a Baked Potato!
Today you can have all the soup you want and all the raw and cooked vegetables (not pulses, beans or potatoes) you can eat. Plus - and trust me you get very excited by the time you get this - you can have a LARGE baked potato at dinner AND butter! This will be the best potato of your life!!
Again, you need to plan ahead - what are you going to have for breakfast? I would suggest soup personally but you can have whatever you want so long as it's a vegetable! Remember that you can eat cooked vegetables so try some variation from the cabbage soup. You don't have to just eat carrot sticks today but make sure you eat the cabbagge soup at least once today.
Some suggestions for today:
Carrot and cumin soup
- Peel and chop 3 large carrots and half an onion.
- Put into a saucepan with half a vegetable stock cube and some ground cumin seeds (best for flavour) or just some ready ground cumin (about a teaspoon) and add enough water to cover all the veg.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Blend and season to your taste.
This wooks well with coriander or curry powder too. Try curried parsnip soup - substitute two of the carrots for parsnips. There are loads of soup recipes out there you can try, just take out the stuff like pulses and oil.
- Peel and chop 2 carrots, a small onion or leek, half a small swede, a large parsnip and half a head of broccolli into large but bite size pieces.
- Add to a large pan with a vegetable stock cube, a bouquet garni sachet and some thyme. Add enough water too cover all the vegettables (but only just).
- Bring to the boil then simmer for around 20 minutes until all the veg is cooked.
- Season to your taste and serve.
Change the vegetables to whatever you will enjoy most!
Day 3 - Soup, vegetables and fruit - no potato.
Today is a combination of days 1 and 2 but without the luxury of that baked potato.В Again, you need to eat the cabbage soup at least once today but try to vary what you eat.
Day 4 - Bananas and milk.
This day is supposed to curb your craving for sweet stuff. You can eat up to 8 bananas and drink as much skimmed milk as you like! I can't offer up much variation on this but have a couple of suggestions:
- Try grilling a banana with a drizzle of honey and some cinnamon.
- Banana milkshake.
- Freeze a banana as a kind of ice pop.
Make sure you eat the cabbage soup at least once and drink lots of water too.
Day 5 - Beef and Tomatoes
Today you can have up to 20 ounces (500 grams) of beef and 6 fresh tomatoes. You need to eat your cabbage soup at least once and drink 6-8 glaases of water. If you don't want beef you can have grilled, poached or steamed chicken. You can have fish if you prefer but not on both of the meat days. I have a fab suggestion to help you get through today!
- Chop up 10 ounces (250 grams) of beef (bite size pieces), 3 large tomatoes, an onion, a clove of garlic and a couple of chillies.
- Mix together one teaspoon (tsp) of chilli powder, 1/2 tsp of ground cumin, 1/2 tsp of turmeric, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 2 ground cloves and some black pepper (your preference).
- Simmer the onion in a small amount of water until it is soft then add the mixed spices and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and add a vegetable stock cube and a bay leaf.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until the tomatoes have broken down a little, then add some water and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Season to taste - YUM!
Serves one person.
Day 6 - Beef and vegetables
Today you can have as much beef as you like, including 2 or 3 steaks,В and all the vegetables you can eat!В As with day 5, you can have chicken if you want, but no fiish if you had it yesterday. You need to eat the cabbage soup at least once but you don't just have to eat a plate of meat and vegtables.
Try yesterdays chilli recipe but add some veg to it.
- Chop up a chicken breast (no skin) into bite size pieces, also a selection of veg I suggest 2 carrots, a parsnip, 1/4 swede, 10 mushrooms and a leek or onion.
- Put it all in a large pan, add a bouquet garni sachet, a bay leaf, vegetable stock cube and some thyme or rosemary.
- Cover all the ingredients with water (but only just), bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes or until all the ingredients are cooked.
- Season to taste.
Try this with beef too.
Day 7 - Brown rice and vegetables.
Congratulations if you have made it this far! Today you can eat as much brown rice and veg as you like - the plan says stuff yourself with it! You need to eat the cabbage soup at least once and you can have some unsweetened fruit juice too.
Try roasting some vegetables like red onion, courgettes, aubergine and have these with your rice. Make vegetable kebabs,vegetable soup or casserole from day 2 with rice in it. Try vegetable risotto too.
- Chop up half an onion finely and crush a clove of garlic.
- Add to a pan and soften in a little water.
- Add a cup of brown rice and stir in.
- Make up some stock with a vegetable stock cube and hot water and add to the rice a ladle at a time, waiting for the rice to absorb the water before you add more, stir occasionally.
- After 20 minutes, add some chopped vegetables, your choice - try asparagus, boroad beans, mushrooms, broccolli, courgette, artichoke.
- Cook for about 30 minutes in total as brown rice takes longer to cook.
- Season to taste.
Day 8 - clothes shopping!
Congratulations if you made it through the week, now it's time to go clothes shopping after losing all that weight! Whatever you do today, don't head straight for the naughty foods or you will put the weight back on. Use this diet as a kick start to a healthy diet - it should have curbed a lot of your sweet cravings.
7 Day Diet Fat Burning Cabbage Soup
Recipe by Rita1652
Want more from Genius Kitchen?
Watch on your Apple TV, Roku, or Fire TV and your iOS, Fire, or Android device.
Top Review by
Top Review by
7 Day Diet Fat Burning Cabbage Soup
- 1 large head cabbage, shredded
- 1 kombu seaweed, rinsed and sliced (detoxifying effects, great source of many trace minerals, aids digestive system)
- 1 leek, rinsed and sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 poblano chile, diced (for a slight heat)
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch celery, diced
- 1 bulb of garlic, sliced
- 2 lbs tomatoes, crushed
- 1 lb shiitake mushroom, sliced (check out benefits http ( or or www.herbcompanion.com or health or Shiitake.aspx)
- water, fresh no chlorine or mineral-rich bone broth
- lots herbs
- salt (optional)
- Saute all veggie except for cabbage and tomatoes in vegetable oil or coconut oil. Cover with water bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer till veggies are tender. Add fresh or dried herbs simmer 5 minutes and season to taste. Or make in crock pot 6-8 hours.
- DIET PLAN:
- Eat soup any time you are hungry. Eat as much as you want, whenever you want. This soup will not add calories. The more you eat, the more you will lose. Fill a thermos in the morning if you will be away during the day.
- Be sure to follow daily to nourish your body as needed.
- Drink plenty of fresh pure water all day. Drink 1/2 of your body weight in ounces of water. If you weigh 100 pounds then drink 50 ounces of water. Also add optional kombucha to your diet for beneficial yeasts and bacteria for your digestive system.
- DAY ONE: All fruits except bananas. Eat only the soup and fruits. Drink kombucha, unsweetened tea, cranberry juice, or water.
- DAY TWO: All vegetables. Eat until you are stuffed with all the fresh, raw vegetables. Try to eat leafy vegetables and avoid dry beans, peas and corn. Eat along with the soup. At dinner time on this day, reward yourself with a big baked potato an butter.Real butter not the fake stuff. Do not eat any fruits.
- DAY THREE: Eat all soup, fruits and vegetables you want. No baked potato.
- DAY FOUR: Bananas and skim milk. Eat as many as 3 bananas and drink as many glasses of water as you can on this day along with the soup. Bananas are high in calories and carbohydrates and so is the milk, but on today your body will need the potassium and the carbohydrates, proteins and calcium to lessen your craving for sweets.
- DAY FIVE: 10-20 ounces Beef, lamb, wheat gluten (seitan), aduki beans, chicken (absolutely no skin) or fish and up to 6 organic tomatoes. Try to select high quality range fed animal protein free of antibiotics or hormones. Try to drink at least 6-8 glasses of water this day to wash away the uric acid in your body. Eat the soup at least once this day.
- DAY SIX: Beef, lamb, wheat gluten (seitan), aduki beans, chicken(absolutely no skin) or fish & vegetables. Eat to your heart's content of the beef or lamb and vegetables this day. You can have two or three steaks if you like, with green leafy vegetables, but no baked potato. Be sure and eat the soup at least once today.
- DAY SEVEN: Brown rice, unsweetened fruit and vegetables. Again, stuff yourself. Be sure to have the soup at least once today.
- By the end of the seventh day, if you have not cheated on the diet, you will have lost 10-17 pounds. If you have lost more than 15 pounds, stay off the diet for two days before resuming the diet again for day one.
- This seven-day eating plan can be used as often as you like. As a matter of fact, if correctly followed, it will clean your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well-being as never before.
- After only seven days of this process, you should begin to feel lighter by at least 10 lbs., and possibly 17. Having an abundance of energy continue this plan as long as you wish and feel the difference.
- Because everyone digestive system is different, this diet will affect everyone differently. After day three, you will have more energy than when you began, if you did not cheat. After being on the diet for several days, you will find your bowel movements have changed -- eat a cup o bran or fiber. Although you can have black coffee with this diet, you may find that you don't need the caffeine after the third day.
- DEFINITE NO-NO'S - BREAD, ALCOHOL, CARBONATED DRINKS INCLUDING DIET DRINKS.
- STICK WITH WATER, UN-SWEETENED TEA, BLACK COFFEE, UN-SWEETENED FRUIT JUICES, CRANBERRY JUICE AND SKIMMED MILK.
- The basic fat-burning soup can be eaten anytime you feel hungry. Eat as much as you wish. Remember, the more you eat, the more you will lose. NO fried foods, pastas or bread.
- Any prescribed medication will not hurt you on this diet. Continue this plan as long as you wish and feel the difference both mentally and physically. If you prefer, you can substitute broiled fish for the beef on only one of the beef days. You need high protein in the beef the other days.
- Avoid all those no-no's. Avoid diet soda's and diet chemicals. Use real butter not the hypo- hydrated fakes . Do not use foods with high fructose sugars do not use aspartame or artificial sweeteners, Use natural whole foods, like stevia, agave, honey.
- Eat good wholesome foods that are well prepared and that appeal to you.
- Make your own healthy fermented foods.
- http://happyherbalist.com/photos/logo.jpg has great herbs to enhance your diet plan.
get the genius kitchen app.
Watch on your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, Roku, or Fire TV.
get the genius kitchen app.
Watch on your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, Roku, or Fire TV.
Join the Conversation
- q & a
Would you like to attach a photo to your submission?
The image has been attached to your submission.
Report this post?
Are you sure you want to report this post for review?
- Yes, report it.
- Oops! Cancel!
You must be logged in to interact with the activity feed.
- Log in now
Please enter a rating or review before submitting.
Please enter a reply before submitting.
Please enter your before submitting.
Your reply has been submitted for moderation.
There was an error processing your submission. Please refresh and try again!
Rapid Weight Loss – Cabbage Soup Diet: Lose 10 Pounds Fast
Are you ready to hear about a quick fix diet that has been helping people lose up to 10 pounds in a week ?
Not only that, this diet has staying power. It's a secret people have been using for decades to lose weight fast.
It used to be called the Model's Diet.
The best part is:
It's cheap and super healthy.
In today's post, I'll list each step for losing weight with the Cabbage Soup Diet
If you’re reading this guide right now, chances are you need to lose weight and lose it fast.
If that’s the case, please tell me you’re not reading this while gorging on a bag of processed junk food. If you are eating something you have no business eating, please A) dispose of it and B) consider the back of your head smacked.
The Best Diet No One's Talking About
The Cabbage Soup Diet is a quick fix solution and considered by many to be a bit of a miracle that can help people lose up to 10 pounds in a single week.
When someone first mentioned The Cabbage Soup Diet to me, my first thought was that this was NOT something that I would ever want to try. However, I am not completely opposed to cabbage, and other diets haven't worked for me so eventually I did give this one a try. It is an amazing diet plan that really works.
After its popularity in the 1950s, the cabbage soup diet was forgotten for a time, but then revived in the early 1980s as the Dolly Parton Diet, Trans World Airlines (TWA) Stewardess Diet, and the Model’s Diet.
No doubt these modern monikers were given to the diet because it was known that models, actresses and flight attendants back in the day would have periodic weight check-ins and, if they were overweight, risked losing their jobs.
Here's the long and the short of it:
1. It’s dirt cheap
You'll spend a few dollars on inexpensive vegetables (cabbage being the vegetable most used) and throw them into a pot and making soup, so anyone on any kind of budget can give this diet a try. You could say it’s a souper cheap way to lose weight.
2. Nutrient Rich
Cabbage doesn’t get the love and respect it deserves as a superfood. It’s a very healthy vegetable that offers a ton of vitamin C (F *ck off scurvy) and a lot of fiber. You'll see in a minute why the high fiber content is so important.
Nutritional Value of Cabbage Soup Diet
Amount Per Pot of Soup
Dietary Fiber 27g; 108%
Vitamin A 80% Vitamin C 586% Calcium 47% Iron 34% Magnesium 35% Potassium 58% Protein 31% Copper 21%
3. Cabbage Fills You Up
Satiety is the feeling of fullness after a meal and the feeling that lasts between meals. Satiating foods increase the feeling of fullness make the feeling last longer.
Eating low calorie foods that make you feel full is one of the secrets naturally skinny people use to fight cravings and eat less overall.
It's not known exactly why high fiber foods, such as cabbage, increase satiety. Most scientists agree the slower process of digestion of these foods trick your body into feeling full longer.
Many studies have confirmed the importance of highly filling foods for appetite control. This one combined the results of multiple studies to conclude that by eating more fiber, people do eat few calories and they burn more fat. It seems that by adding 14 grams of fiber for 2 or more days people reduced calorie intake by 10%.
You can see in the Nutritional Value section above that you'll be adding almost double this amount of fiber per batch of soup.
The people in the study weren't actively trying to cut calories.
It happened naturally because they weren't as hungry.
4. Works as a Cleanse
Fiber not only helps you feel fuller, if you often have trouble “going” – you’ll probably have an easier time of it this week and find your intestinal tract cleared and cleansed. Win/win, no?
A study published in the Lancet showed a 69% increase in the weight of bowel movements on a cabbage diet.
This might be gross, but:
It kind of makes you wonder how long that extra stuff had been in there before the cabbage came along to carry it out.
Be careful because the diet is not something that you should continue for a long time. In fact it is more of a cleanse than a diet. But, I happen to have lost 15 lbs on the diet myself. so I am a believer.
5. It'a a Whole Food Detox
The cabbage soup diet is a form of intermittent fasting that gives your body a break from all of the usual processed garbage you shovel into it.
On this diet, you spend 3 days or more replacing crap with pure whole food--the kind that comes straight from the earth.
After a week of eating whole foods, your body feel refreshed and renewed as it has time to adapt to an absence of the many toxins it usually receives on a daily basis. Many people report a diminished cravings for sugar and refined carbs.
6. A Form of Intermittent Fasting
Starve a little to lose a lot.
You may have heard of the eat, fast, eat diet--or any other diet that relies on fasting as a means of calorie reduction.
The cabbage soup diet is a quick and dirty version of an intermittent fasting diet.
Fasting diets are scientifically proven to help you lose weight and improve health:
You can read more about it here. If you wanted to keep up the weight loss over a long period, do the Cabbage Soup Diet just one a day a week for as long as you like after you complete the initial phase.
7. It's Simple.
You can make a whole batch of the soup and store it in your refrigerator and just heat it up for later. This is so much more convenient than having to, say, juice fruits and veggies three times a day and clean the juicer each time.
Are You Up to the Task?
The Cabbage Soup Diet works for the person who just can’t seem to stick to any diet for any real length of time.
We’re a society of instant gratification hounds, and you KNOW you’re one of them. Most diets require you to be on them for four to six weeks before you see any real results.
Although the Cabbage Soup Diet is NOT intended as a long-term solution, what’s great is that by losing significant and noticeable weight in one week, you’re much more motivated to get into shape. It’s the perfect jumping off point for true long-term lifestyle changes.
This persons swears by it for long term with success:
I have been on the cabbage soup diet for a year (on and off). I've done it about six times and I've lost over thirty pounds. I do NOT like cabbage or most vegetables, for that matter. But, I bought a blender, blend it up REAL well and I drink it. I'm used to it, now.
The other person who this diet is perfect for:
The person who really doesn’t give a rat’s a** about making lifestyle changes, they just desperately need to lose 10 pounds in a week so they can fit into their bridesmaid dress and avoid armpit fat rolls.
The Original Cabbage Soup Recipe
The original 1950s Cabbage Soup recipe is basically the same one used today. The only real variant of today’s recipe is that the soup is cooked less. While the original called for cooking the soup for a full hour, an amount of time that would essentially destroy all of the nutrients in the cabbage and other veggies, the newer version suggests cooking the soup for only 20 to 30 minutes after being brought to a boil.
You can eat as much soup as you want at any time during the day.
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Large Can Diced Tomatoes
- 6 Stalks Celery
- 1 Large Onion - Chopped
- 1-2 Cubes of Bouillon (if desired)
- 1 head cabbage. A nice, big green one.
- 48 oz. of V-8 Juice (low sodium works best)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (do not splurge here)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (or to taste)
The first thing you’ll want to do is rinse all the veggie in the sink and they chop them into bite-size pieces.
Next, heat the olive oil in a pan and then add the onion to saute for a couple of minutes until the onions start to sweat. Add your celery and pepper and saute those with the onion for another 4 to 5 minutes.
Pour in your water and V-8 Juice, bouillon cube, hot sauce and tomatoes. Bring all of it to a boil and then reduce it to a simmer until your veggies are tender (about 15 minutes if you chopped your veggies into smaller pieces).
Next, core your cabbage, then shred it, add it to your pot, and cook your soup for another 10 minutes. Adding the cabbage at the end of your cooking time preserves some of its nutritional value and keeps your house from smelling like a port-o-potty.
7 Day Cabbage Diet Plan
Fruit Day: On your first day you can eat as much fruit as you’d like (except for bananas). When you don’t feel like any more fruit but you’re hungry, have your soup. Only fruit and soup today.
Vegetable Day: Today you can eat as many vegetables as you can handle, and they may be raw or steamed. You should really try and avoid peas, corn and beans but eat a lot of leafy greens. So today have as much soup and veggies as you want. And for dinner you may chow down on a big, baked potato with oil, or butter if that's your thing.
Day 1 and Day 2 combo: Today you’re basically going to eat all the fruit (still no bananas though) and vegetables and soup you want, but no potato at dinner.
You Can Finally Eat Bananas Day: Today’s a fun day because you can eat AS MANY BANANAS as you want today. You can also have as many glasses of skim milk as you’d like. And of course throughout the day eat as much soup as you want.
Get Your Protein And Tomatoes On: Today the diet calls for a piece of beef or chicken that is 10 to 20 ounces. You can substitute with anything high protein, as long as it's not too starchy or sugary. You can also up to six fresh tomatoes. Putting ketchup on your beef does not count for fresh tomatoes. It’s also very important today that you drink 6 to 8 glasses of water to eliminate the uric acid from your body. Your soup should be eaten as often as you’d like.
More Protein and Vegetables. (You may also feel free to substitute broiled fish for one of your protein days but not for both.) Eat as much protein (seriously have 3 porterhouse steak if you’d like), veggies and soup as you feel like today. Try to eat a good amount of leafy greens today but no baked potato!
Unsweetened fruit juices, vegetables, and brown rice: You know the drill, you can stuff your face with as much of these items, and of course your soup today.
So… You Say You’d Like to Make Some Substitutions
The key to being successful with the Cabbage Soup Diet is to really not stray from the recipe or weekly meal plan. Having said that, there are a few substitutions you may experiment with if you get bored or don’t like another particular food item.
A number of other high fiber vegetables may be added to the soup for a bit more flavor, as long as they are lower in calories. For instance, adding corn or carrots would not be a good substitution because they are both sugary vegetables with too many calories.
Veggies like zuchinni, spinach, and kale are acceptable substitutes. You may even add one can of black beans to the pot for a bit of added flavor, texture and protein. To change up the flavor, stick to herbs and seasonings like cayenne, curry powder or bay leaves.
Maximize Your Weight Loss
As we mentioned a bit earlier, cabbage is full of fiber, making you feel full on this diet. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), raw cabbage contains only 20 calories per 31/2 ounces. Heck, you’ll practically burn that off just from chewing.
The shorter cooking time helps to alleviate the bitterness of raw cabbage without destroying the dietary fiber and nutrients.
The bottom line is:
The more you can fill up on this nutritious and low-calorie soup, the more weight you will lose.
The DOs and DON’Ts of the Cabbage Soup Diet
DON’T ever feel hungry during your weeklong diet. The whole point is for you to eat AS MUCH soup and other allotted foods on the appropriate day. Anyone who says the Cabbage Soup Diet is a starvation diet is an idiot and you can tell them we said so. If you’re feeling hungry, you’re not following directions, and if you don’t follow directions you won’t get the results you want. Capiche?
DON’T add salt to your foods; not to your soup or veggies or baked potato or tomatoes or protein source, etc. This includes table salt, sea salt, salt substitutes and seasoned salt.
DON’T drink anything but water. And drink a ton of it . Remember the cleanse aspect of this diet, where your digestive tract gets cleared out? Without a lot of water, you'll just feel bloated and constipated. The extra waste won't make it's way out and you'll be worse off than when you started.
You’ll notice there are some versions of this diet online where you have the option of drinking cranberry juice and V-8 juice instead of water. All we’re saying is, if you want to lose 10 pounds instead of 9, you’ll want to shave off as many calories as you can, and water has zero calories.
DON’T get creative with the soup recipe unless you're using one of our alternatives. Recipes were made to be followed. You may think adding another cup of carrots won’t hurt but carrots contain a lot of sugar and therefor calories.
DO enjoy your coffee and tea during the weak so as to avoid any awful caffeine withdrawal headaches but ;
DON’T add your usual sugar and creamer. For a bonus pack of antioxidants, we recommend this matcha green tea. It's better than a vitamin. Black coffee and tea has very minimal calories so you’re alright there.
They take that very slow and steady approach to weight loss and most people want faster results.
The weight loss is so slow that most people get discouraged and quit before they ever see any true results.
The very reason why people love the Cabbage Soup Diet so much is because real weight loss, which you can see with your own eyes, happens in only 7 days. And that weight loss propels people into a more long-term solution that can bring about even greater weight loss and a radical positive shift in their overall health.
Maximize the Weight Loss
You're probably wondering:
Will this actually work?
Here are a few final tips on how you can make sure you are successful with this simple yet very effective diet:
· Follow the diet to the proverbial letter. Listen, just because you’ve had an English muffin every morning for breakfast for the past four years doesn’t mean you can have them this week.
You only need to commit to seven days – it’s really not that much to ask of yourself. If you feel it is, you will never lose weight.
· Don’t forget to drink a lot of water on this diet to help flush out your system and keep you full.
· Make sure to make plenty of soup so you can store it and easily heat it when you get hungry. That’s really key, having that soup always ready to go.
· Don’t go out that week to bars and restaurants with friends and family or you’re just asking for trouble. You can fool yourself into thinking you have enough willpower to NOT eat a whole bowl of chips and salsa by yourself, but if that were the case, you wouldn’t be trying to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time in the first place. It’s only 1 week, suck it up.
You now have all of the information you could possibly need to lose up to 10 pounds in one week. Basically it’s up to you now. The only thing stopping your from sweet victory is yourself. How bad do you want this? How bad do you want to fit into those jeans or that bathing suit? How bad do you want to walk past a store window and LOVE the reflection you see? If you want it bad enough, you can have it, and the Cabbage Soup Diet can give it to you.
07.01.2018 3:7 pm Updated by Admin
Fat Burning Soups For Weight Loss. A simple 3-step plan to lose weight fast, along with numerous effective weight loss tips. If only losing weight was as easy as gaining it, right? While there are plenty of advertised ways to shed some pounds, there are only a handful of methods that actually work.
|The message text*:|