Exercise While On Cabbage Soup Diet
How to Lose 15-20 Pounds by Eating Soup
Rating: 3 / 4 ( 112713)
Weight Loss Soups
Can You Exercise While on the Cabbage Soup Diet?
The Cabbage Soup Diet has been around for a long time. No one quite knows where this diet came from but people turn to it if they want to lose weight fast. It is a very low-calorie diet that is why it is only done for seven days. You will be consuming around 800-1,000 calories a day, which is probably the main reason why the diet really works.
The diet is composed of mainly cabbage soup recipe with other foods such as fruits, vegetables, skim milk, brown rice, fish, chicken, beef and fruit juice. These are only allowed on specified days throughout the diet plan. Drinking plenty of water is also recommended for this diet – at least eight glasses a day. Black coffee and unsweetened tea can also be allowed.
One of the frequently asked questions about this diet plan is, “Can you do exercises at the same time to lose weight faster?” The diet plan itself doesn’t include exercise.
Reasons why exercise is not recommended while on the Cabbage Soup Diet
You are discourages to exercise while on the diet because:
- There is little or no protein on the diet. Protein has 20 types of amino acids which are essential for moving oxygen around in the blood. Shortage of these amino acids causes the body to experience subtle signs of low oxygen, which manifests itself as low energy levels, tiredness and fatigue. With less energy, you cannot do exercises because you are too tired. There is a reason why people who exercise need their protein. It helps them endure the physical requirements of a workout routine. Low or no protein diet and exercise is not a good combination.
- You only consume 800-1,000 calories a day. People on a low-calorie diet often lack energy and move very little. It is very hard to exercise when you do not have enough energy to do it. Calories are burned when you exercise. The conserved energy in your body is used up making you feel weaker. The basic dietary needs of your body are also not met.
Believe it or not, it can cause you to lose weight much slower because your body is in “starvation mode” causing it to slow down your metabolism. We all know that slow metabolism can cause weight gain in the long run. After the 7-day diet, you will surely gain more of the weight you lost which can be a ticket to yo-yo dieting. When the diet is done, you are also prone to instant overeating. A low-calorie diet can also cause muscle loss.
- Low in key nutrients. With exercise, you sweat a lot, making you lose electrolytes in your body during the process. The Cabbage Soup Diet is low in essential nutrients such as calcium, iron and zinc. This can cause electrolyte problems which can lead to dehydration. Consuming soup throughout the day can also make you lose interest in drinking water. Dehydration can cause symptoms such as weakness, tiredness and dizziness. In severe cases, it is associated with irregular heart rhythms, muscle contraction, fainting and difficulty in breathing.
Bear in mind that the Cabbage Soup Diet is only a quick fix diet to immediately lose weight. It is only done if you want to lose weight before an event or it can be used to jumpstart your weight loss journey. Exercising while on this diet may cause more problems than benefits and it is hard to take the risk. A very low-calorie diet cannot be combined with exercise.
Diet and exercise are done together for long-term weight loss. With this strategy, you lose fat and gain muscle. You will need a more balanced and healthy diet that can also meet the requirements for your workout routine.
Foods you can consume to help you lose weight while exercising
If you are decided to still workout while on a diet, here are the foods you can take.
- Foods with healthy carbohydrates. Carbohydrates can provide your body with the energy you need to get through your workout routine. Whole grains, vegetables and fruits are good choices for they are rich in nutrients and has fairly low calories.
- Lean sources of protein. Seafood, lean red meat, poultry, tofu or beans are excellent sources of protein. You can also include non-fat or low-fat dairy foods or yogurt in your diet as snacks after you exercise to help refuel and promote muscle recovery.
- Healthy fat in small amounts. Fat is also a source of energy. Include foods with unsaturated fats such as nuts, avocados, seeds, healthy oils and fish such as salmon. Eating these types of fat can also help decrease your risk of heart disease.
Making the right food choices can keep you energized while exercising without making you hungry. Between Cabbage Soup Diet and exercise, you only have to choose one. Sadly, these two are not meant to be done together.
6 Side Effects of the Cabbage Soup Diet
The Cabbage Soup Diet is a seven-day, short-term weight-loss plan that guarantees you’ll lose 10 pounds. On this diet, you can eat as much cabbage soup as you’d like, along with whatever else is allowed on that particular day (whether it be vegetables only, fruit only or beef and tomatoes only). Since this diet dangerously restricts your calorie intake, it’s recommended that you don’t stay on it for more than seven days.
While you will lose weight on this week long diet, the weight lost will be from water and not from fat. Therefore, any weight that’s lost will likely come back once you resume your normal eating habits. Enduring this diet will be tough due to the dramatic calorie restrictions, and you may experience the following side effects:
When you eat only cabbage soup and vegetables in a given day, you’re going to be hungry. You need healthy fats and complex carbs (especially carbs that deliver fiber) to satiate your appetite and keep you feeling full.
When you severely restrict your calorie intake, your energy levels will drop and you’ll experience fatigue. Carbohydrates and healthy fats are your body’s sources of energy, therefore if you exclude both of these vital nutrients from your daily consumption, you’re going to be sleepy and groggy throughout the day. You won’t be able to muster up the energy to work out, and exercise is a crucial part of any weight loss regimen.
While on the Cabbage Soup Diet, you’re likely to experience flatulence. Cabbage, and other vegetables like broccoli, can cause gas and make you feel bloated.
4. Frequent Urination
You might urinate more than usual while on the Cabbage Soup Diet, as a result of consuming so much soup and water. Also, cabbage is a natural diuretic, meaning that it promotes the secretion of water from your body. Other fruits and vegetables will also cause you to urinate, as natural produce is packed with water.
The Cabbage Soup Diet might cause you to feel light headed due to the small amount of calories being consumed. Also, without carbs and fat in your diet, you put your body at risk of getting fatigued to the point of fainting. If at any time you begin to feel faint, dizzy or extremely light headed, be sure to consume extra calories and choose food with sustenance. This will probably mean breaking the diet, but it is not worth it to compromise your health.
As a result of the lack of nutrients you’re receiving on the Cabbage Soup Diet, you’re likely to become moody and irritable. When your body is not receiving the nourishment it needs, it suffers both physically and emotionally. If you’re really hungry, you will probably suffer from grumpiness and find yourself snapping at your loved ones.
The Cabbage Soup Diet can cause an array of side effects, and some of these are more serious than others. If you experience extreme side effects, consult your doctor immediately and discontinue the diet. There are healthy ways to lose weight that don’t carry such risks.
Cabbage Soup Diet: Controversial In Promising Quick Fat Loss.
No one knows where the cabbage soup diet originated even though it has been written about by a fair number of authors already. Learn what the diet consists of and why this diet should probably be avoided.
T he cabbage soup diet is one that has been around for a long period of time and has also created quite the controversy. Promising users a quick weight loss if they follow the plan, it does garner quite the interest among many. Is it really a safe approach though? And how conducive is it to maintaining a proper fitness plan?
No one quite knows where the cabbage soup diet originated even though it has been written about by a fair number of authors already. There are also a few different versions that circulate around however they all have one thing in common - it's a very, very low calorie diet.
By putting yourself on this diet you will be consuming around 800-1000 calories per day, an amount that even the smallest person would likely half-starve on. There is no doubt that this is the main reason why the diet works, since you are creating such a large deficit in daily intake, it would be impossible not to lose weight.
Click To Enlarge.
The diet is usually done for a period of seven days and the specific foods you are allowed will vary depending on the version of the diet you do. Obviously the core meal is cabbage soup with the diet stating that the more of this you eat, the more weight you will lose.
Most versions of the plan also allow you to eat any kind of fruit or vegetable, with the two exceptions of bananas and potatoes. On day four of the diet however, you are allowed eight bananas so many dieters will take advantage of this.
Click To Enlarge.
The diet cycles between other foods including skim milk, tomatoes, brown rice, fruit juice, beef, chicken and fish, however they are only allowed on specified days throughout the plan.
The plan also recommends that you drink plenty of water - at least eight glasses per day, and on some versions you will also be allowed black coffee and unsweetened tea.
24.06.2017 8:34 pm Updated by Admin
Fat Burning Soups For Weight Loss. A simple 3-step plan to lose weight fast, along with numerous effective weight loss tips. If only losing weight was as easy as gaining it, right? While there are plenty of advertised ways to shed some pounds, there are only a handful of methods that actually work.
|The message text*:|