Sacred Heart Diet Canned Soup Directions
How to Lose 15-20 Pounds by Eating Soup
Rating: 5 / 5 ( 274425)
Weight Loss Soups
Lose Weight With the Sacred Heart Soup Diet
I recently had the rare opportunity to attend a gala event. Seeing as I don't dress up often, and buying a new gown was definitely not in the budget, I decided I had one in my closet which would be the perfect look вЂ” if I could only squeeze into it! I tried it on, and the zipper would barely do up.
I discussed my dilemma with a friend over coffee, and she told me she had the perfect solution. She said her Philipino nanny has helped her squeeze into many outfits over the years by putting her on the "Magic Soup Diet". I was desperate as the event was 2 weeks away, so I asked her to email the diet to me!
Turns out it was the Sacred Heart Diet. Legend has it that this diet was developed at Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane Washington to help obese patients drop weight before cardiac surgery. The hospital denies that any of their dietitians were involved in the development of the diet, I assume for liability sake!
You basically make a massive batch of soup to eat every day, along with eating certain foods for a 7 day period. The claim is most people lose 10 to 17 pounds in one week. Just what I needed!
I have to confess, the soup gets a little boring after a while. I took 1/4 of it and pureed it in a food processor, then added curry to that batch to create a completely different soup to help me get through the week. The soup is full of vegetables, so I don't think there is any risk to this diet. I drank lots of water and herbal tea as well. I felt satisfied and was very motivated to complete the week.
I lost 7 pounds over the week, but many inches, which allowed me to zip up the zipper on the dress!
The Soup Recipe
- 2 cans of stewed tomatoes (I used 28oz)
- 3 large green onions (scallions) up to a bunch
- 1 large can of beef broth (fat free)
- 1 package Lipton Soup mix (chicken noodle flavor)
- 1 bunch of celery, chopped
- 2 cans green beans (I used frozen because I find canned unedible!)
- 2 lbs. Carrots, chopped
- 2 Green Peppers, chopped
- Put all of the ingredients into a very large pot, or divide evenly into two pots.
- Add some water just to cover. Season with salt, pepper, and parsley if desired. Bring to a boil.
- Boil hard for 10 minutes covered.
- Reduce heat to low, and continue to cook covered 30 minutes longer.
- Taste for seasoning. Any spices may be added. Hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, or curry are some examples.
The Diet Basics
Like every diet, I like to start on a Monday to begin the week in a new routine. Take Sunday to make the soup. I split it into 2 pots because I didn't have one big enough to cook the entire recipe.
Monday: Soup and Fruit Day
- Today the diet restricts you to only eating soup and fruit. They only fruit off limits today is bananas. Berries, oranges, apples and any type of melon are encouraged. You can eat unlimited quantities of the soup or fruit, but try to only eat until full. Don't forget to drink lots of water. The sweetness of the fruit should keep you satisfied. I ate a small watermelon!
Tuesday: Soup and Vegetable Day with a Bonus Baked Potato
- Continue to eat unrestricted amounts of soup to fill you. Add any vegetables today, but try and avoid starchy green peas or corn. The vegetables can be cooked or raw. Leafy green vegetables are very low in calories. For instance, you could add some Kale to the soup to change the flavor a little.
- Along with your soup, add a baked potato at dinner with 1 teaspoon butter. Add seasoning for flavor.
- Remember not to eat any fruits today.
Wednesday: Soup, Fruit and Vegetable Day
- Today you can eat all of the things you ate on Monday and Tuesday, but do not eat the baked potato or any bananas. Again avoid starchy vegetables if possible. Remember to keep up your water intake!
Thursday: Soup, Banana and Skim Milk Day
- Continue to eat unlimited soup today. This time, you will add bananas and skim milk: You are encouraged to eat 3 bananas or more and drink as much fat-free milk as you like today.
Friday: Soup, Beef and Tomato Day
- Today, you will eat unrestricted amounts of the soup. You will not eat any fruit or vegetable on this day. You can have 10-20 ounces of beef and up to a maximum of 6 tomatoes today. A 28oz can of tomatoes can be substituted for the fresh. Eat the soup at least once today.
Saturday: Soup, Beef and Vegetables Day
- Be sure to eat the soup at least once today. You may eat any amount of lean beef today. This can be in the form of a steak, or ground beef or sliced roast beef. Add any vegetables to this, but no starchy vegetables. This means no baked potato!
Sunday: Soup, Brown Rice, Unsweetened Fruit Juice and Vegetable Day
- Today you may add a nutritious carbohydrate вЂ” brown rice. The luxury of unsweetened fruit juice is a treat on the last day of the program, but don't go crazy! Vegetables are allowed on this day, and you can add cooked veggies to your rice if you wish. I just added the rice to my soup that day.
You Are Allowed Unlimited Amounts of The Following Beverages:
- Cranberry juice- unsweetened
- Skim milk ( I suggest only for Thursday, or in your coffee/tea)
- Plenty of water
Sacred Heart Diet Canned Soup Directions
Sacred Heart Medical Diet
- 1 or 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
- 3 plus large green onions
- 1 large can of beef broth (no fat)
- 1 pkg. Lipton Soup mix (chicken noodle)
- 1 bunch of celery
- 2 cans green beans
- 2 lbs. Carrots
- 2 Green Peppers
Season with salt, pepper curry, parsley, if desired, or bouillon, hot or Worcestershire sauce. Cut veggies in small to medium pieces. Cover with water. Boil fast for 10 minutes. Reduce to simmer and continue to cook until veggies are tender.
This soup can be eaten anytime you are hungry during the week. Eat as much as you want, whenever you want. This soup will not add calories. The more you eat, the more you will lose. You may want to fill a thermos in the morning if you will be away during the day.
- Unsweetened juices
- Tea (also herbal)
- Cranberry juice
- Skim milk
- Water, water, water
DAY ONE Any fruit (except bananas). Cantaloupes and watermelon are lower in calories than most other fruits. Eat only soup and fruit today.
DAY TWO All vegetables. Eat until you are stuffed with fresh raw, cooked or canned veggies. Try to eat green leafy veggies and stay away from dry beans, peas or corn. Eat veggies along with the soup. At dinnertime tonight reward yourself with a big baked potato and butter. Don't eat any fruits through today.
DAY THREE Eat all the soup, fruit and veggies you want. Do not have a baked potato. If you have eaten as above for three days and not cheated, you should find that you have lost 5-7 pounds.
DAY FOUR Bananas and skim milk: Eat at least 3 bananas and drink as much milk as you can today, along with the soup. Bananas are high in calories and carbohydrates, as is the milk but on this particular day, your body will need the potassium and carbs. Proteins and calcium to lessen the cravings for sweets.
DAY FIVE Beef and tomatoes: you may have 10 to 20 ounces of beef and a can of tomatoes, or as many as 6 tomatoes on this day. Eat the soup at least once today.
DAY SIX Beef and veggies, eat to your heart's content of the beef and veggies today. You can even have 2-3 steaks if you like with green leafy veggies but no baked potato. Be sure to eat the soup at least once today.
DAY SEVEN Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juice and veggies, again, be sure to stuff yourself and eat the soup. You can add cooked veggies to your rice if you wish.
By the end of the 7th day, if you have not cheated on this diet, you should have lost 10 to 17 pounds. If you have lost more than 17 pounds, stay off the diet for two days before resuming the diet again.
This diet is fast. The secret lies within the principle that you will burn more calories than you take in. It will flush your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well-being. This diet does not lend itself to drinking any alcoholic beverages at any time. Because of the fat build-up in your system. Go off the diet at least 14 hours before any intake of alcohol.
Due to the variety of digestive systems in individuals, this diet will affect everyone differently. After day three, you will have more energy than when you began, if you do not cheat. After being on the diet for several days, you will find that your bowel movements have changed. Eat a cup of bran or fiber. Although you can have black coffee with this diet, you may find that you don't need caffeine after the third day.
The basic fat burning soup can be eaten anytime you feel hungry during the seven days. Eat as much as you wish. Remember the more you eat, the more you will lose. You can eat broiled, boiled or baked chicken instead of the beef. Absolutely no skin on the chicken. If you prefer, you can substitute broiled fish for the beef on only one of the beef days. You need the high protein in the beef for the other days.
Continue on the diet as long as you wish and feel the difference both mentally and physically.
DO NOT - DO NOT No bread, alcohol, carbonated drinks (including diet drinks). Remember, absolutely no fried foods.
DO - DO - DO - DO Drink plenty - at least 6 to 8 glasses - of water a day, as well as any combination of the following beverages: black coffee, unsweetened fruit drinks, cranberry juice and skim milk.
This diet comes from the Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital that is used for overweight heart patients in order to lose weight rapidly, usually prior to surgery.
Sacred Heart Diet Canned Soup Directions
Sacred heart health diet or cabbage soup heart diet is 7 day eating plan which consists of special made soups and vegetables which you can eat in liberal amounts.
The diet is mainly used by overweight people with heart condition who want to lose weight quickly, before surgery.
Since sacred heart soup diet is based on low calorie soups and vegetables, it will not only help you lose weight but also clear the body from toxins and increase your energy level. The diet is also benificial for people suffering from diabetes or bowel issues.
Diet has been known by many names, such as Spokane Heart diet, Cleveland Clinic diet, Miami Heart Institute diet, Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital diet as well as cabbage soup heart diet. It also seems that the diet mainly circulates from person to person and on the internet.
Like any other diet, sacred heart soup diet also has it's downsides. You may lack some of the vitamins and minerals since the diet limits the number of foods that you can eat during the day.
Because of this, pregnant women should stay away from sacred heart health diet and the ones who choose to implement this 7 day eating plan, should consult with their doctor.
Day 1 Any fruit, except bananas. Cantaloupes and watermelon are lower in calories than most other fruits. Eat only soup and fruit today.
Day 2 All vegetables. Eat fresh, raw, cooked or canned veggies until you are full. Try to eat green leafy veggies and stay away from dry beans, peas or corn. Don't forget the soup. A baked potato and butter for dinner. Don't eat any fruits through the day.
Day 3 Eat all the soup, fruits and veggies you want. Don't eat baked potato. If you have eaten as above for three days, you should be few pounds lighter.
Day 4 Bananas and skim milk. Eat at least 3 bananas and drink as much milk as you want today, along with the soup. Bananas are high in calories and carbohydrates, as is the milk but on this particular day, your body will need the potassium and the carbs.
Day 5 Beef and tomatoes. You may have 10 to 20 ounces of beef and a can of tomatoes, or as many as 6 tomatoes on this day. Don't forget to eat the soup, at least once today since is vital part of cabbage soup heart diet.
Day 6 Beef and veggies. You can even have 2-3 steaks on this day but with green leafy veggies and no baked potato. Be sure to eat the soup at least once today.
Day 7 Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juice and veggies. Eat until you are full and don't forget to eat the soup. You can add cooked veggies to your rice if you want during the 7th day of sacred heart health diet.
SACRED HEART DIET RECIPE FOR THE SOUP
Sacred heart health diet or cabbage soup heart diet will help you lose weight since it consists of fruits, vegetables and especially soups which are all low calorie foods. Also, the diet is pretty low in saturated fat, it doesn't contain any processed, simple carbs and it is virtually trans fat free.
That being said, the bad side of it, is that sacred heart soup diet limits what kind of foods you can eat. It limits protein containing foods and lacks healthy fats, while there is no complex carbs coming from whole grains, besides brown rice, on day seven.
The American Heart Association and the Sacred Heart Medical Center have stated that they disclaim any connection with the diet.
However, sacred heart health diet can benefit you in more ways than one, besides losing weight. There is no need to be on cabbage soup heart diet for more than 7 days.
Copyright В© 2016 - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.
16.07.2017 2:23 pm Updated by Admin
Fat Burning Soups For Weight Loss. A simple 3-step plan to lose weight fast, along with numerous effective weight loss tips. If only losing weight was as easy as gaining it, right? While there are plenty of advertised ways to shed some pounds, there are only a handful of methods that actually work.
|The message text*:|