South Beach Diet Egg Drop Soup Recipes
How to Lose 15-20 Pounds by Eating Soup
Rating: 3 / 5 ( 28824)
Weight Loss Soups
Yummy AND Diet-friendly Egg Drop Soup (HCG, South Beach Diet, etc.)
I’ve made this recipe two or three times since I started the HCG Diet, and I have to say it is AMAZING. I had never tasted egg drop soup before trying this HCG version, so I really didn’t know what to expect. It is so yummy! Especially with the green onions, which I had never bought before (tip: when you’re at the grocery store, they’re near the lettuce, NOT the onions).
I guess what makes it “diet” is that normal egg drop soup uses cornstarch, whereas this one doesn’t.
It’s a really simple recipe – except when it comes time to “drop” the eggs into the soup, which I still haven’t gotten the hang of. The last time I made the soup I turned to google for advice, where I learned this:
To make shreds, stir the egg rapidly in a clockwise direction for one minute. To make thin streams or ribbons, gently stir the eggs in a clockwise direction until they form.
Now, I still don’t know the difference between shreds and ribbons. My goal was something like scrambled eggs, where you could actually take a bite of eggs. So I decided not to stir too much. But that didn’t really work out – I ended up with a layer of eggs stuck to the bottom of the pot.
Regardless of how the eggs come out, overall it tastes delicious. And like my “Almost an Egg Roll” recipe, this is pretty good for satisfying a chinese food craving.
Diet-friendly Egg Drop Soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 egg and 1/2 cup of liquid egg whites (which is the equivalent of 3 egg whites)
- 1 tbs. Braggs Liquid Amino Acids (keep in mind that I like things salty. You might want to add just a little bit at a time.)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- salt/pepper to taste (If you want. I didn’t add any.)
1. Bring the chicken broth to a boil.
2. Add everything but the eggs.
3. Whisk the egg and the egg whites, and then slowly pour the eggs into the pot, a little at a time. Keep stirring as you do this, fast or slowly depending on how you want your eggs.
4. It should look like this when you’re done.
Egg Drop Soup (South Beach Phase 1 Recipe)
Posted by Dietplan-101 - Dec 18, 2013
Easy to follow classic and comforting egg drop soup recipe. You only need 3 main ingredients; chicken broth, egg and chopped green onion.
Egg Drop Soup (for South Beach Phase 1) - Dietplan-101
Yields: 2 servings
4 cups fat-free chicken broth
4 tbsps chopped green onion
2 tsps soy sauce
- Lightly beat egg and egg white in a bowl.
- Pour chicken broth into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add in chopped green onion and off the heat.
- Gradually and gently stir in the beaten egg, then add in soy sauce and season to taste with pepper.
- Serve hot.
Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu (South Beach Phase 1 Recipe)
Posted by Dietplan-101 - Dec 17, 2013
A traditional cordon bleu is an entree of meat wrapped around easily melted cheese, then breaded and pan fried or deep fried. There are many variations of the original recipe.
In this baked chicken cordon bleu recipe, the chicken roll is coated with grated Parmesan cheese and baked in oven (instead of coated with bread crumbs and deep fried), thus making it a healthier variation which is low-carb and low-fat.
Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu (for South Beach Phase 1) - Dietplan-101
Yields: 4 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices boiled ham
- 2 oz (56 g) low-fat shredded mozzarella (divided)
- 1 tbsp melted margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- Pound chicken breast halves to about 1/3″ (8 mm) thick.
- Preheat oven to 355°F/180°C.
- Place 1 slice of ham on a pounded chicken breast, then top with 1/2 oz (14 g) mozzarella.
- Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Repeat the same process for the remaining ingredients.
- Lightly beat the egg, then mix with melted margarine and pour over the chicken rolls.
- Coat the chicken rolls well with the egg mixture, then coat with grated Parmesan.
- Arrange the chicken rolls in a non-stick baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes, or until browned.
- Remove toothpicks and cut each roll into 6 thick slices.
12.12.2017 5:10 pm Updated by Admin
Fat Burning Soups For Weight Loss. A simple 3-step plan to lose weight fast, along with numerous effective weight loss tips. If only losing weight was as easy as gaining it, right? While there are plenty of advertised ways to shed some pounds, there are only a handful of methods that actually work.
|The message text*:|