Daniel Diet Lentil Soup
How to Lose 15-20 Pounds by Eating Soup
Rating: 3 / 4 ( 110009)
Weight Loss Soups
The Creek Church
Daniel Fast Recipes
Prep 30 min ∙ Cook 1 hour ∙ Serves 6
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
1 medium onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped Salt
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 pound lentils (approximately 1 1/4 cups)
2/3 cup pearl barley
11 cups vegetable broth (can substitute water)
4 to 6 fresh thyme sprigs
1) Heat the oil in a heavy large pot over medium heat.
2) Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Add the garlic and salt and sauté until all the vegetables are tender, about 5 to 8 minutes.
3) Add the tomatoes with their juices. Simmer until the juices evaporate a little and the tomatoes break down, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
4) Add the lentils and pearl barley, mix to coat.
5) Add the broth and stir.
6) Add the thyme sprigs. Bring to a boil over high heat.
7) Cover and simmer over low heat until the lentils and barley are tender, about 40 minutes.
8) Season with salt to taste.
9) Ladle the soup into bowls, drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Daniel Fast Spicy Lentil Broccoli Tomato Soup
- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 81.5
- Total Fat: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 159.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.3 g
- Protein: 5.0 g
If you have a vita mixer or blender this can be a quick fix, you can also put all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 8 hrs or high 3.5 hrs. 1 Ѕ cups with a slice of Ezekiel bread, very satisfying. Serve to the family toped with sheared cheese / dollop of sour cream or Greek Yogurt Freezes well
4 medium stalks of Celery
15 baby carrots or 2 carrots
4 cups of water for lentils
1 cup lentils ( I used red )
1 can Mexican stewed tomato
1 12 oz bag Fresh Broccoli Slaw
1 12 oz bag Fresh Broccoli and Cauliflower Flowerets
Daniel Fast Vegan
Vegetarian Lentil Soup
1. Lightly sautee all the vegetables in a large pot.
2. Add salt and spices. Add lentils and vegetable stock.
3. Bring to a quick boil. Add more water if needed.
4. Stir in tomato puree.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low and and cook for 30 min. If desired, you can add chopped parsley before serving.
6. This delicious soup goes well with brown rice, whole wheat tortillas or pita bread. Enjoy!
04.05.2017 4:24 pm Updated by Admin
Fat Burning Soups For Weight Loss. A simple 3-step plan to lose weight fast, along with numerous effective weight loss tips. If only losing weight was as easy as gaining it, right? While there are plenty of advertised ways to shed some pounds, there are only a handful of methods that actually work.
|The message text*:|