7 Day Cabbage Soup Diet Printable Recipe From Scratch
How to Lose 15-20 Pounds by Eating Soup
Rating: 1 / 4 ( 432822)
Weight Loss Soups
Here it is, The King of All Fad Diets
The cabbage soup can be eaten at any time you feel hungry during the day, and you can eat as much as you wish as often as you like.
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Large Can Diced Tomatoes
- 6 Stalks Celery
- 1 Large Onion - Chopped
- 1-2 Cubes of Bouillon (if desired)
- 1 head cabbage. A nice, big green one.
- 48 oz. of V-8 Juice (low sodium works best)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (no more)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
Cut vegetables into small pieces. Saute the onion in the olive oil for two minutes, then add the celery and peppers and saute for 4 minutes more. Then cover with the water and V-8 juice. If you want the bouillon add it now. Add the hot sauce and tomatoes.
Fruit: Eat all of the fruit you want (EXCEPT BANANAS). Eat only your soup and the fruit for the first day. For drinks- unsweetened teas, cranberry juice and water.
Vegetables: Eat until you are stuffed will all fresh, raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. Try to eat leafy green vegetables and stay away from dry beans, peas and corn. Eat all the vegetables you want along with your soup. At dinner, reward yourself with a big baked potato with butter. Do not eat fruit today.
Mix Days One and Two: Eat all the soup, fruits (but not bananas) and vegetables you want. NO BAKED POTATO.
Bananas and Skim Milk: Eat as many as eight bananas and drink as many glasses of skim milk as you would like on this day, along with your soup. This day is supposed to lessen your desire for sweets.
Beef And Tomatos: Ten to twenty ounces of beef and up to six fresh tomtoes. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water this day to wash the uric acid from your body. Eat your soup at least once this day. You may eat broiled or baked chicken instead of beef (but absolutely no skin-on chicken). If you prefer, you can substitute broiled fish for the beef one one of the beef days (but not both).
Beef and Vegetables. Eat to your heart's content of beef and vegetables this day. You can even have 2 or 3 steaks if you like, with leafy green vegetables. NO BAKED POTATO. Eat your soup at least once.
Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices and vegetables: Again STUFF,STUFF,STUFF yourself. Be sure to eat your soup at least once this day.
That's it. Good luck. We would love to see this diet work for you, help you lose weight, and give you a more positive self image.
7 Day Diet Fat Burning Cabbage Soup
Recipe by Rita1652
Want more from Genius Kitchen?
Watch on your Apple TV, Roku, or Fire TV and your iOS, Fire, or Android device.
Top Review by
Top Review by
7 Day Diet Fat Burning Cabbage Soup
- 1 large head cabbage, shredded
- 1 kombu seaweed, rinsed and sliced (detoxifying effects, great source of many trace minerals, aids digestive system)
- 1 leek, rinsed and sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 poblano chile, diced (for a slight heat)
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch celery, diced
- 1 bulb of garlic, sliced
- 2 lbs tomatoes, crushed
- 1 lb shiitake mushroom, sliced (check out benefits http ( or or www.herbcompanion.com or health or Shiitake.aspx)
- water, fresh no chlorine or mineral-rich bone broth
- lots herbs
- salt (optional)
- Saute all veggie except for cabbage and tomatoes in vegetable oil or coconut oil. Cover with water bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer till veggies are tender. Add fresh or dried herbs simmer 5 minutes and season to taste. Or make in crock pot 6-8 hours.
- DIET PLAN:
- Eat soup any time you are hungry. Eat as much as you want, whenever you want. This soup will not add calories. The more you eat, the more you will lose. Fill a thermos in the morning if you will be away during the day.
- Be sure to follow daily to nourish your body as needed.
- Drink plenty of fresh pure water all day. Drink 1/2 of your body weight in ounces of water. If you weigh 100 pounds then drink 50 ounces of water. Also add optional kombucha to your diet for beneficial yeasts and bacteria for your digestive system.
- DAY ONE: All fruits except bananas. Eat only the soup and fruits. Drink kombucha, unsweetened tea, cranberry juice, or water.
- DAY TWO: All vegetables. Eat until you are stuffed with all the fresh, raw vegetables. Try to eat leafy vegetables and avoid dry beans, peas and corn. Eat along with the soup. At dinner time on this day, reward yourself with a big baked potato an butter.Real butter not the fake stuff. Do not eat any fruits.
- DAY THREE: Eat all soup, fruits and vegetables you want. No baked potato.
- DAY FOUR: Bananas and skim milk. Eat as many as 3 bananas and drink as many glasses of water as you can on this day along with the soup. Bananas are high in calories and carbohydrates and so is the milk, but on today your body will need the potassium and the carbohydrates, proteins and calcium to lessen your craving for sweets.
- DAY FIVE: 10-20 ounces Beef, lamb, wheat gluten (seitan), aduki beans, chicken (absolutely no skin) or fish and up to 6 organic tomatoes. Try to select high quality range fed animal protein free of antibiotics or hormones. Try to drink at least 6-8 glasses of water this day to wash away the uric acid in your body. Eat the soup at least once this day.
- DAY SIX: Beef, lamb, wheat gluten (seitan), aduki beans, chicken(absolutely no skin) or fish & vegetables. Eat to your heart's content of the beef or lamb and vegetables this day. You can have two or three steaks if you like, with green leafy vegetables, but no baked potato. Be sure and eat the soup at least once today.
- DAY SEVEN: Brown rice, unsweetened fruit and vegetables. Again, stuff yourself. Be sure to have the soup at least once today.
- By the end of the seventh day, if you have not cheated on the diet, you will have lost 10-17 pounds. If you have lost more than 15 pounds, stay off the diet for two days before resuming the diet again for day one.
- This seven-day eating plan can be used as often as you like. As a matter of fact, if correctly followed, it will clean your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well-being as never before.
- After only seven days of this process, you should begin to feel lighter by at least 10 lbs., and possibly 17. Having an abundance of energy continue this plan as long as you wish and feel the difference.
- Because everyone digestive system is different, this diet will affect everyone differently. After day three, you will have more energy than when you began, if you did not cheat. After being on the diet for several days, you will find your bowel movements have changed -- eat a cup o bran or fiber. Although you can have black coffee with this diet, you may find that you don't need the caffeine after the third day.
- DEFINITE NO-NO'S - BREAD, ALCOHOL, CARBONATED DRINKS INCLUDING DIET DRINKS.
- STICK WITH WATER, UN-SWEETENED TEA, BLACK COFFEE, UN-SWEETENED FRUIT JUICES, CRANBERRY JUICE AND SKIMMED MILK.
- The basic fat-burning soup can be eaten anytime you feel hungry. Eat as much as you wish. Remember, the more you eat, the more you will lose. NO fried foods, pastas or bread.
- Any prescribed medication will not hurt you on this diet. Continue this plan as long as you wish and feel the difference both mentally and physically. If you prefer, you can substitute broiled fish for the beef on only one of the beef days. You need high protein in the beef the other days.
- Avoid all those no-no's. Avoid diet soda's and diet chemicals. Use real butter not the hypo- hydrated fakes . Do not use foods with high fructose sugars do not use aspartame or artificial sweeteners, Use natural whole foods, like stevia, agave, honey.
- Eat good wholesome foods that are well prepared and that appeal to you.
- Make your own healthy fermented foods.
- http://happyherbalist.com/photos/logo.jpg has great herbs to enhance your diet plan.
get the genius kitchen app.
Watch on your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, Roku, or Fire TV.
get the genius kitchen app.
Watch on your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, Roku, or Fire TV.
Join the Conversation
- q & a
Would you like to attach a photo to your submission?
The image has been attached to your submission.
Report this post?
Are you sure you want to report this post for review?
- Yes, report it.
- Oops! Cancel!
You must be logged in to interact with the activity feed.
- Log in now
Please enter a rating or review before submitting.
Please enter a reply before submitting.
Please enter your before submitting.
Your reply has been submitted for moderation.
There was an error processing your submission. Please refresh and try again!
7-Day Diet Weight Loss Cabbage Soup
“How I lose 10 pounds in 7 days with this cabbage soup diet AKA Military diet!”
Watch me make this cabbage soup from start to finish!
I’m going to Disneyland next week and decided that I didn’t want to take my muffin top with me, especially since I have this cute form-fitting shirt that I want to wear so bad…. WITHOUT SPANX!!
When I need to lose my gut or 10 pounds quickly I turn to 3 diets that never lets me down; my green monster smoothie diet, The 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse and my newest love, the 7-day cabbage soup diet!!
Here’s Why I Adore The Cabbage Soup Diet:
- It works!! It’s not science. Cut your calories, unhealthy sugar, starches, for a period of time while drinking lots of water and you’ll lose weight quickly.
- It’s quick!! By the morning of my 8th day, the scale is always 7-10 lbs lighter. My clothes fit differently, and my usually bloated gut is flat. I love it.
- I cheat!! I’ve discovered that I can cheat a bit on this diet. I’ve snuck a muffin in a few times. BEST. MUFFIN.EVER!! I’ve also used some condiments to spice things up.
- Great for pre-diets! This diet is GREAT for the start of a real diet/eating plan. You know, one where you eat a variety of healthy foods and a decent balance of calories. Sometimes you just need a jumpstart, a cleanse, a boost of confidence on the scale. This diet does it!
Side Note: If you’re interested in trying the green monster smoothie, click here to see how I prep my smoothies!
I know some people HATE these type of quick diets, but I love them! They work well for me and the weight stays off as long as I eat a balanced post-diet. If you jump back to eating bad sugars and carbs right away, you’re going to gain the weight back quickly.
Pace yourself. I mainly use this diet for quick weight loss for an event, the week before Thanksgiving or to jumpstart my spring dieting before swimsuit season.
As always consult a doc before cutting your calories like this!
What is the 7-Day Diet (Cabbage Soup Diet)??
OK so let’s talk about the 7-day cabbage soup diet! It’s an old diet that has been around for YEARS and revised over and over again. You are likely to find several different versions online.
Lately, these 7-day diets have become popular. Even Dr. Oz has one. I first read about it on a blog I stumbled upon and thought I’d give it a try, didn’t expect much though. Now I’m hooked!
I NEVER thought I’d like this cabbage soup, but it’s so good!
How Do You Do The 7 -Day Diet?
On the 7-day diet, you follow a specific eating plan every day. Along with eating these foods, you are allowed to have cabbage soup aka wonder soup aka weight loss soup aka miracle soup aka weight watcher soup (so many names for this soup.) whenever you’d like.
This unlimited soup rule is what drew me to the 7-day cabbage soup diet. I love that I can eat this soup in unlimited quantities. I HATE being hungry, and I will not stick to any diet if I’m hungry. Point. Blank. Period. Don’t forget you MUST drink eight glasses of water each day. My results vary if I slack on water, but 7-10 pounds is what I usually lose.
The Cabbage Soup Recipe ( Wonder Soup)
Now about this weight loss Cabbage Soup (Wonder Soup), most websites featuring this diet says you should boil the vegetables in water, uh…no ma’am!! I’ve always used chicken broth or vegetable broth with seasoned canned tomatoes, and it has never hindered my weight loss.
There is NO WAY I would be eating this soup every day if I made it with water. Yuck! Throughout the diet, I also use salt (very lightly), pepper, lots of herbs & seasonings, olive oil, and a tad of butter on potato day. I also add 0-5 calorie flavorings to my water to make sure I get in all my water if needed. These changes have never affected my results.
Watch me make this Weight Loss Cabbage Soup Recipe (Wonder Soup) from start to finish!
(Get the printable 7-day Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe Below)
7-Day Diet Eating Chart
(Don’t forget to drink your water daily and eat your cabbage soup as much as you like!)
My 7-Day Diet Cabbage Soup Diet Journal & Meal Suggestions
(Update: I now add detox tea with a squirt of fresh lemon to my mornings. WOW is all I can say! Try it! I use Total Tea but any detox tea will work)
Day 1- Eat nothing but fruit today (except for bananas) and as much of the diet cabbage soup as you’d like. You should try to stick with fruits with lower sugar content like apples, blueberries, etc. I enjoy eating baked cinnamon apples (using gala or Honeycrisp apples) in the morning, a large fruit salad and cabbage soup for lunch, and cabbage soup and a melon salad for dinner. Get your crunchy fix with dried fruits. Snack on fruit throughout the day. Frozen pineapples and frozen grapes make delicious treats. Also, frozen watermelon blended makes a refreshing, natural slushy. Today wasn’t as bad as I’d expected.
Day 2- Eat nothing but vegetables (except corn or other starchy veggies). However, you do get to start the day with a baked potato (russet or sweet). You will LOVE having this baked potato trust me! I never thought I’d be so happy to eat a baked potato in the morning! I prefer a sweet potato. For breakfast, I dice my sweet potato into cubes, sprinkled with a little olive oil and cinnamon and roast it in the oven along with some bell peppers and onions. For lunch, I do the cabbage soup, and a salad sprinkled with salt, pepper and olive oil. It’s pretty good. For dinner, I do rice cauliflower topped with a stir fry of zucchini, roasted carrots, and bell peppers with light soy sauce (cheating). I snack on baked spinach chips. Today was ok.
Day 3- Today you eat fruits AND veggies (except bananas, corn, and other starchy vegetables) You also don’t get a potato today, sucks! I just do a repeat of day one and two for my foods.
Day 4- Today you eat only bananas and milk/yogurt. This day is the DUMBEST day by far. I hate it. You can just have bananas and milk or unsweetened yogurt. Boooooo, but let’s make the best of it! For breakfast, I do a banana smoothie made with bananas, almond milk, and greek yogurt. For lunch, I eat cabbage soup. For dinner, I do another large banana smoothie and more cabbage soup. I make banana ice cream, by freezing banana slices and then blending them. I also eat some dried banana chips. It’s not that difficult of a day, very dull and if you hate bananas, I feel sorry for you babes.
Day 5- Today eat only tomatoes (6-8) and protein like fish, turkey, and chicken. I had no problems with this day since I love meat and was happy to get it! I made turkey sausage patties for breakfast topped with tomatoes. For lunch, I had grilled chicken topped with tomatoes seasoned with salt, basil, pepper and cabbage soup. For dinner, I had more wonder soup, but I added turkey breakfast sausage to it and more tomatoes. Very filling. I got tired of the soup on this day. Ugh!!
Day 6- Today its protein and veggies- Unlike yesterday you can have other vegetables besides tomatoes. I had turkey sausage and roasted veggies for breakfast. I had a stir-fry with chicken and veggies for lunch, so good. I had spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and ground turkey for dinner. Spaghetti squash is off limits (starchy), but I had to have it! Today was the best! I didn’t have any cabbage soup today. I was feeling over cabbage.
Day 7- Today it’s just fruits, vegetables, and juices. Booo. I hated today. I wanted more meat. Thank God it’s the last day. The scale says I’m 7 pounds lighter this morning, so that was great to see. I feel clean inside. I’m hungry today though, super hungry! For breakfast, I make a huge fruit and veggie smoothie using spinach, apples, oranges, grapes, and water. It was so divine and sweet! Kept me full until it was time for lunch! For lunch, I do a large salad, cabbage soup, and watermelon slushie. For dinner, I do another riced cauliflower stir fry with roasted veggies. I snack on baked cinnamon apples and cantaloupe.
Day 8- 10lbs down this morning and I can see it!! Tummy is nice and flat, and my face looks much slimmer. My husband notices my weight loss too. He’s not happy that my booty looks smaller. Neither am I! My fingers are slimmer, and my wedding ring fits different. Today I paced myself with food and will do so for the next week while on vacation. No sugary foods or bad carbs. I continue with a diet full of fruits, veggies, and lean meats. I incorporate eggs, oatmeal, & whole grain pasta and bread, honey and stevia as a sweetener. My calorie intake is now at it’s recommended level for a healthy weight-loss w/ exercise. I FEEL GREAT!!
Don’t Mess Up Your Beautiful Results.
Here are some of my favorite delicious and healthy snack recipes!
Italian Herb Baked Spinach Chips
05.02.2017 9:19 pm Updated by Admin
Fat Burning Soups For Weight Loss. A simple 3-step plan to lose weight fast, along with numerous effective weight loss tips. If only losing weight was as easy as gaining it, right? While there are plenty of advertised ways to shed some pounds, there are only a handful of methods that actually work.
|The message text*:|