Can I Have Tomato Soup On Day 2 Of Gm Diet
How to Lose 15-20 Pounds by Eating Soup
Rating: 4 / 4 ( 151960)
Weight Loss Soups
How to Prepare GM Diet Wonder Soup aka Cabbage Soup?
Do you want to follow the GM diet for weight loss?
Then you should first understand the relation between the Wonder soup and General Motors diet. Without eating this cabbage soup during the GM diet program, you won’t be able to see the results like you wanted.
The vegetable soup is one among the main ingredients for quick weight loss in the 7 day diet plan.
The wonder soup is a big part of the GM diet weight loss strategy. You can have the wonder soup as many times as you like it, either while you’re on the 1 week diet or include it in your regular lifestyle. I’ve personally replaced my last meal (dinner) with the soup as it is low in calories and also nutritious.
However, not many people know the exact method of preparing the GM diet wonder soup and for those followers, here is the step by step recipe.
How to Prepare GM Diet Wonder Soup?
This vegetable soup recipe is pretty easy to make and the ingredients you’ll need are below.
- Onions – 1/4 piece
- Cabbage – 1/4 piece
- Tomatoes – 1 large or 2 small
- Green peppers – 1/2
- Celery (optional) – 1 stalk
- Water – as required
- Carrots – 1 small
- Lemon – 1/2 slice (for additional taste)
- Red Chilies – 1 small
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
GM Diet Cabbage Soup Preparation:
- First, chop all the ingredients such as onions, cabbage, carrot, tomatoes, green pepper, celery into small pieces.
- Next, place the pressure cooker pan (without lid) on the stove and add 1 tsp of Olive oil.
- First, add the onions and fry them until golden brown, followed by the rest of the ingredients.
- Lastly, add 1/2 tsp of salt and enough water to fill up the veggies in the pan.
- Now, place the lid of the pressure cooker and allow it to cook until 3-4 whistles.
- Switch off the stove and leave the cooker untouched for another 5-7 minutes.
- Now, open the lid and pour the wonder soup into a bowl.
Squeeze a slice of lemon juice in the cabbage soup for additional flavor and serve hot. You can also add some salt, pepper for seasoning (if you like).
P.S: You can have this soup on all days of the GM diet. Anytime you feel hunger, simply make this wonder soup and fill your stomach. You can have this soup even when you’re not on the diet.
Tip: You can prepare large quantity at a time and simply warm it whenever the hunger pangs hit you.
Recently, a few people have sent their queries to our inbox, asking whether the red cabbage promotes weight loss like the white one. In order to answer that question, first we should know the differences between white cabbage and red cabbage.
Health Benefits of Red Cabbage and White Cabbage
- The red cabbage has got more Vitamin C when compared with the white one or even Oranges in that case. 1 ounce or 28gms of raw red cabbage give you 27% of the DV (daily value) of ‘C’ vitamin while the white or green cabbage contains only 17% of DV per 1 ounce.
- Vitaminc C is known for its awesome ability to boost our immunity system, apart from keeping our skin, teeth and bones strong.
- The red cabbages contain ‘anthocyanins‘ which help protect your body from many degenerative diseases. Unfortunately, this is missing in the white cabbages. As per the study in Feb 2002, scientists found that anthocyanins in red cabbage had anti-cancer effects.
- You can get more ‘glucosinolates‘ in red cabbages than the white ones. These glucosinolates along with anthocyanins are proven to hinder cancer cell proliferation.
- The White/green cabbage contains more vitamin K than the red ones. While 1 ounce of red cabbage gives you 13% DV of ‘K’ vitamin, the white ones give you a whooping 27%.
When we compare all the health benefits of white and red cabbages, the red ones are a clear winner. So, it is clear that red cabbages have more benefits over their white counterpart. Now, let us find out whether the red color cabbages are good for weight loss or not?
Does Red Cabbage Promote Weight Loss?
Calories: They contain very less calories; a cup of raw shredded cabbage contains just 22 calories. It has more water, 5.2 gms of carbohydrates and 1 gm of protein. It is no doubt, fat FREE.
Energy: Since the cabbage is a very low calorie food, you can become full by eating large amounts of it without worrying about adding more calories to your body. According to a study, eating red cabbage before the meal will make you eat smaller portion of high caloric foods like meat because you’ll already be full by then.
According to a study published in the ‘European Journal of Clinical Nutrition’ in the year 2007, people who consumed at least 400gms of vegetables & 300gms of fruits per day lost more weight when compared with those who were put into restricted diet. So, eating more red cabbage may help you lose weight.
Final Verdict: As we look at the above facts, it is crystal clear that red cabbages have got more healthy benefits over the white ones. However both the cabbage types can equally contribute to weight loss. So, by replacing the white cabbages in the wonder soup with the red ones, you can lose weight and the same time get the vitamins which are a bit lesser in quantity in the white cabbages.
How to Prepare Tomato Soup for Day 5 GM Diet?
As you already know, GM diet and soups go hand in hand.
Today, let us see another vegetable soup called the ‘GM Diet Power Soup‘. There are mainly two benefits of having soups on any diet program.
1) Soups help you avoid hunger pangs
2) If prepared using the right ingredients, then it will help you in getting rid of those extra pounds easily.
Like the other vegetable soup recipes for weight loss, this Power soup is also pretty easy and fast to cook. You can have unlimited servings of vegetable soups on any day of the General motors diet program.
How to Prepare GM Diet Power Soup?
Power Soup Ingredients
First, let us look at the ingredients or items required to prepare the power soup.
- Water – 28 ounces (or 0.82 liter)
- Tomatoes – 2 (medium sized)
- Onions – 6
- Green Peppers – 2
- Chopped celery and cabbage mix
Tomato Soup Preparation
In a medium size pot, pour some water and then add onions, tomatoes, green peppers along with some salt and pepper as needed. Once it is half boiled, add the celery and cabbage mix and leave it until all the ingredients are fully boiled (hint: they are tender). Once completed, serve it hot.
That’s it! Your GM diet power soup or tomato soup is ready. Don’t add anything extra other than the mentioned ingredients. You can have this soup even when you’re not on the diet to stay fit.
People normally like to have the Tomato soup in the monsoon and winter seasons. It is low in fat, filling and healthy too. People who complement their diet with these healthy soups tend to lose more weight than those who just stick to the diets.
Health Benefits of Tomato Soup aka Power Soup
There are many health benefits of including this tomato soup in your diet regularly. Let us now discuss all the advantages in detail.
#1.Helps in Weight Loss
The major benefit of having the soup made from tomatoes as one of the main ingredients is that it aids in effective weight loss. Most people, especially the dieters replace their dinner with a healthy soup as it helps in burning those extra calories from their body. It is low in calories, fats and rich in fiber and water content, which makes you feel full for a longer duration. You can use the Olive oil to prepare the soup. This is good, especially if you’re trying to lose weight.
#2.Controls High Cholesterol Levels
The tomatoes are known for their awesome ability to control the bad cholesterol levels in our body, thus reducing the chances of getting high BP. The soup is very good for the heart and is also rich in Potassium and Vitamin B.
The tomatoes contain antioxidants like Lycopene and Carotenoids, both are efficient in fighting cancer. So, people who have the soup made from tomatoes regularly, or at least on alternative days can prevent colon, prostate or breast cancer easily.
#4.Good for Smokers
Are you an avid smoker and don’t like to quit the bad habit? Then you’re damaging your health for sure. Smoking can affect your lungs and several internal organs badly. So, if you want to control the damage caused due to smoking, it is advised to drink a bowl of tomato soup every day. The chlorogenic and coumaric acids present in the tomatoes help in eliminating the carcinogens that damage your body and cause several smoking related health problems.
#5.Good for Skin
Want to get a glowing and flawless skin, then you should definitely have a cup of hot tomato soup. They contain Vitamin A, Calcium and Vitamin K. On one side, they help in fighting acne and pigmentation, while on the other end you get strengthened bones, teeth and vision.
These are just a few major health benefits of the tomato soup. It is very beneficial for those who are looking to shed weight. However, you should not rely only on the tomatoes as you’ll be missing other essential nutrients from other vegetables. So, it is advised to include a variety of greenery in your soup along with the tomatoes. Doing so will enhance the taste of the soup too.
GM diet Day 2 All Vegetables – Including Potatoes
Last night’s headache has vanished after a good 9 hour sleep.
My wife is cooking vegetable soup to start my day.
Here is the recipe for GM diet day 2 vegetable soup:
Water content should be enough to sub-merge all vegetables.
- Chop and mix all with water.
- We are using pressure cooker to boil. Add all vegetables to cooker. Close the cooker lid.
- Switch ON the stove on high flame and let it make a whistle. After 1 whistle, switch OFF the stove.
- Let the steam vanish on its own before you try to open the cooker lid.
- Once the steam has gone, open the lid and take out the boiled veggies in a bowl.
- Seasoning: Sprinkle 2 pinch Salt, 2 pinch black pepper and 1 tsp lemon juice. The soup is ready to serve.
This is good for at-least 2 meals for the day. I am planning to eat it in breakfast and Lunch.
Breakfast 10 AM
1 medium size bowl of Veg Soup.
I am again feeling a bit of headache. Craving for food is very low as compared to day 1. I am drinking water as and when I am feeling some hunger.
Lunch 2 PM
Evening Snacks 5 PM
GM diet Day 2 Lunch Salad Recipe
1 Glass of Lime Water( no salt and no sugar)
Headache has lowed down. I guess my body has now got used to the diet.
Dinner 8.30 PM
GM diet Day 2 Dinner roasted Salad recipe
09.09.2017 3:43 pm Updated by Admin
Fat Burning Soups For Weight Loss. A simple 3-step plan to lose weight fast, along with numerous effective weight loss tips. If only losing weight was as easy as gaining it, right? While there are plenty of advertised ways to shed some pounds, there are only a handful of methods that actually work.
|The message text*:|