Fat Burning Cabbage Soup Diet Recipes
How to Lose 15-20 Pounds by Eating Soup
Rating: 3 / 4 ( 523174)
Weight Loss Soups
A 7-Day Fat Flush Cabbage Soup Diet Plan: Recipe and Guidelines
The fat flush soup diet consists of undergoing a dietary plan in which a cabbage soup is the main dish. However, its use should not extend beyond seven days, because, when the consumption of other foods is suppressed, large amounts of nutrients are lost that the body requires to functioning correctly at the time of performing its vital functions.
As its name indicates, its purpose is to accelerate the burning or combustion of fats, while being excellent for purification, leading to the elimination of toxins and retained liquids. Loss of muscle volume is possible, although not alarming since the regimen also includes proteins in the days after it has started.
Originally, the cabbage soup diet was implemented in patients who would be surgically operated, so that they can cleanse their body effectively and allow the heart to have a better state, thanks to the elimination of toxins. Every time the regimen ended, changes in the percentage of body fat in patients were notorious and this was how it became so popular that it is nowadays being a diet of last resort for people who wish to lose fat in a short time.
Another difference between the fat burning soup plan and other regimens is that with the first you can burn fats naturally, since the vegetables included in it, require a greater number of calories to be metabolized than those consumed. Not to mention also that it also unlocks a thermogenic effect that induces an increase in the metabolic rate, giving way to a greater combustion of adipose tissue.
People who follow this diet begin to notice results from the third day, and by the end will have lost large amounts of fat. Although it is difficult to mention a specific amount, since each body is different and therefore reacts differently to the plan, the truth is that weight loss is certain, even taking into account the short duration.
Before following this diet, it is important to take into account that it is a very difficult diet to carry out, in the aspect of which it is very limited in the consumption of complementary foods like bread, sausages, etc. That is why it is widely recommended to have a previous psychological preparation and thus to control the anxiety caused by hunger.
Due to lack of food such as meat and other vegetables, it should not be carried out for more than seven days, otherwise, it would be subjecting the body to a nutrient deficit that would lead to the development of serious medical conditions.
It is very important to maximize the consumption of water to two liters per day, although if you prefer you can drink natural fruit juices, trying to sweeten them with honey or stevia.
Analysis of the composition of the fat flush cabbage soup
As already mentioned above, the effectiveness of the fat flush soup is due to the inclusion of different ingredients, including vegetables that have purifying and thermogenic properties that have a very important influence on the health of the metabolism.
To make this powerful soup, you need the use of these ingredients:
– Cabbage: this leafy green is composed mainly of potassium, sulfur, calcium, and acidic mineral salts. It is excellent for regulating the digestive tract, so it can relieve constipation. It is also good for skin health and contributes 40 calories per 100 grams.
– Onion: they are characterized by being depurative, contain sulfur, potassium, and phosphorus, in addition, they act as alkalizer that leads to the detoxification of the body. At the same time, it has a greater composition in water, so its caloric value is extremely low: it contributes only 20 calories per 100 grams.
– Celery: it contains chlorine, potassium, calcium, sodium, copper, and sulfur. It also has diuretic properties, which help remove excess uric acid and works as a very good tonic for the brain. Due to its composition in water, it contributes only 19 calories per 100 grams, in addition to that, the body requires a greater number of these calories so that it can be metabolized.
– Tomatoes: they are rich in potassium and Vitamin E that is ideal for skin care. They also have diuretic and revitalizing properties, as well as helping to protect the cardiovascular system. Its energy value is reduced to 19 calories per 100 grams.
– Carrots: they are rich in fiber, one of the most important substances when it comes to losing weight. Fiber cannot be digested by the body, it simply passes through the digestive system and drags other foods with it. However, the body tries to digest it anyway, so it sends more digestive enzymes and this, in turn, causes the rest of the food to digest better, have a feeling of being full for longer and accelerate metabolism. Carrots are also incredibly rich in nutrients such as beta-carotene, vitamin A, and potassium while providing 41 calories per 100 grams.
– Green peppers: they have antioxidants in the form of Vitamin C and other minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, chlorine, magnesium, sulfur, and calcium. They also provide large amounts of fiber that stimulate and prolong the sensation of satiety while supplying only 10 calories per 100 grams.
The recipe is extremely easy to prepare. The ingredients and their portions are mentioned below.
– 6 medium onions, chopped into squares
– 6 skinless tomatoes, chopped
– 3 chopped celery stalks
– 3 chopped carrots
– 2 large green peppers, chopped
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Water (mineral water can also be used)
– Add the chopped vegetables in a large saucepan with the boiling water. The volume of water covers the vegetables completely for a proper cooking.
– Cover the pan and boil the ingredients for a long period of time until they are completely cooked.
– Add salt and pepper to season.
Once ready, it can be consumed immediately, preferably hot to enhance thermogenesis. The rest can be stored in a closed container and refrigerated until the next consumption.
Due to its components, it has a valuable metabolic effect as well as a substantial contribution in vitamins and minerals that improve the metabolic rate of the organism. Some of these components are sodium and magnesium, as well as Adenosine triphosphate (ATP) working at the cellular level.
After the ingestion of this soup, a greater energetic liberation takes place, inducing to the burning of fats and increasing the vitality of the body. It is also good for patients with respiratory diseases, as it helps to fight congestion.
Structure of this vegetable soup diet
This diet is designed to be followed only for seven days and in each day, food consumption varies from the previous one.
This is the most difficult day. Food should be limited only to the consumption of the fat flush soup, although other fresh fruits may be added, as long as they do not contain large amounts of sugars and fats (bananas, nuts, avocado are some of the foods that should be avoided at this stage).
As for the fluid intake, it has to be important, as the constant waste of fluids through the urine, can greatly reduce the levels of sodium in the body.
On this day you should also only consume the cabbage soup, although you can add fresh vegetables. Some examples are asparagus, spinach, broccoli and other herbs. It is important not to add peas, beans, corn or other foods with high glycemic index, however natural they may be, as they would only interrupt the combustion of adipose tissue.
Vegetables can be eaten, whether boiled, grilled or roasted, although under no circumstances should be added greases like butter, oil spray or olive oil.
Fruit intake is not recommended on this day.
After this day, you will begin to notice the first results in terms of weight loss, although it is not yet time to sing victory, much less leave the regimen to continue with a normal life.
During the third day, it will be possible to ingest the soup, as well as the fruits and vegetables of the first two days, trying as always, to avoid foods rich in quickly absorbed carbohydrates.
If you have not noticed any change, do not despair, each body reacts differently, plus there is still more than half of the plan to follow.
For day four, in addition to the soup, you should also include the consumption of bananas. Because of their contribution in sugar, you can better control the cravings for junk food like candy bars and cakes.
It is advisable to consume a minimum of three bananas and a maximum of six throughout the day. Do not forget to drink water or natural juices.
By this time, it will be easier to follow the diet since the body has become accustomed to reduced food intake.
On this day it will be possible to consume proteins of plant origin, as well as lean meats from beef, or from chicken, specifically, the breast. It is important that all fat is removed before cooking (grilled or baked), so in the case of the breast, this should not have the skin.
Consumption of the fat burning soup can be limited to once a day, while the intake of meat, should rise to 500 grams in total.
The sixth day should be the same as before, giving priority to protein consumption, but do not forget to take the soup. If necessary, do not hesitate to prepare another, following the same steps as in the previous one, although with the reduced portions, since you are at the end of the regimen.
During this day you should also include the vegetables of the second day, cooking them on the grill or boiled in the same broth of the cabbage soup.
For this day it will be crucial to integrate the consumption of slow absorption carbohydrates. In this case is recommended the intake of brown rice, ensuring that its preparation does not carry an excessive amount of oil, and if possible, oil-free. To do this you must use a Teflon pan or a ceramic pan.
You can take as much soup as you want and do not forget the fruits and vegetables.
In order for this diet to work, it is very important to carry it out in the way it is indicated. At the end of the regimen, the results will be noticeable, even losing 8 to 16 pounds, although clearly, the figure may vary depending on the metabolism of each person.
Due to the cleansing properties of the vegetables included, people who suffer from fluid retention will benefit, while they will see greater weight loss compared to healthier people.
The main reason why this vegetable soup diet works is that by not consuming carbohydrates, the body is forced to use accumulated fat as its main source of energy. That, in addition to that the calories that are ingested, are intimate in comparison to those that are used for the metabolization of the food and to carry out the daily activities.
It is important that this diet is not followed for more than seven days, although it can intercalate through the weeks. That is, if it is desired, a second round can be carried out two weeks after the first one has finished. Once finished, you should follow a moderate and healthy diet to not regain lost weight.
Points to consider
– It is important to rest properly so as not to cause stress, a product of possible anxiety.
– If desired, you can substitute the beef or chicken on the specific days for turkey or white fish (you should avoid consumption of salmon because of its high content of fat).
– To maximize detoxification, once the regimen is complete, a bowl of a whole grain cereal should be consumed to improve the state of the digestive process.
– Due to the nature of the diet, it does not interfere with medical treatments or diseases.
– Physical activity should be limited only to low-intensity exercises such as walking, especially because of the low energy consumption of food.
– Meals must be divided into five daily, respecting especially breakfast, lunch, and dinner. During the morning and afternoon snacks, fruits and vegetables can be consumed as directed by the plan.
– Among other things, the consumption of the following foods should be completely avoided:
* Fruits and vegetables with a high glycemic index, unless otherwise noted.
* Alcoholic beverages and tobacco, as they interfere with the elimination of fat cells.
* The same happens with carbonated or soft drinks, including light or zero. To quench the craving you can drink natural fruit juices and without sugar.
* Biscuits, buns, pasta, and all kinds of foods made from refined flour, due to the high content of fast digesting carbohydrates.
* Sugar and all its derivatives
Before ending it is extremely important to emphasize that this cabbage soup diet plan should be considered as a last resort and should never be adopted as a constant regimen, due to the nutrient deficit it represents for the body. As mentioned above, it is ideal for patients about to undergo surgery or for those looking to reduce their volume, prior to a major event.
It is also highly recommended to consult with a medical specialist before undergoing this or any other dietary plan to assess the risks and to be able to control them if they exist.
Basic Fat Burning Soups to Melt Those Pounds Away
Does the thought of eating the same soup – and nothing else – for the next 10 days make your stomach growl and your taste buds rebel? Join the club!
Soup is made to be a side dish – something to add to the meal rather than being the meal itself. Many fat burning diets recommend a steady intake of thin, tasteless soup, but who wants to spoon watery, overcooked vegetables into their mouth all day while they state lustfully at the thick, juicy steaks on the plates of their family? If only your diet would allow you to eat something solid…
The good news: There are lots of delicious soups that you can make, using nothing but ingredients low in fat and calories. For your eating pleasure, check out the basic fat burning soups below:
The Wonder Soup
Wonder soup is probably the most popular fat burning soup recipe, as it’s a major part of the 7 Day Diet. This simple soup is a mixture of cabbage, onions, green bell peppers, tomatoes, celery, and a whole lot of water.
You can add salt or pepper to flavor it, but the purpose of this soup is to kick your fat burning into high gear.
The fiber in the soup will work wonders to clean out your body (expect to spend plenty of time on the toilet, so charge your mobile phone or tablet).
Eat this soup every couple of hours during the diet, and it will be a great soup to have on hand for any diet.
The Poor Man’s Soup
Poor Man’s Soup is made by rummaging around your fridge and pulling out whatever leafy and green ingredients you can find to make soup with.
If you can find a carrot or two, drop that into the mix, and pray that you have some flavoring like chicken or beef bouillon. It’s actually a very tasty soup, but it’s surprisingly low in calories.
You will be consuming about 100 calories for every bowl of the stuff, and it will get your body burning fat nicely thanks to the high vegetable content.
(Note: Dark and leafy greens like kale, spinach, and broccoli are rich in calcium, one of the nutrients that controls how much fat your body stores.)
Add lots of dark greens to your soup, and watch the pounds melt away.
- ½ head of cabbage
- ½ bundle of spinach
- ½ head of broccoli
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 small carrots
- 1 onion5 cloves of garlic
- 1 zucchini
- 1 liter of beef or chicken broth (low-sodium, low-fat broth is ideal)
- Dice the garlic and onions very finely.
- Place a soup pot on the stove with a tablespoon of olive oil in the bottom, and sauté the aromatics for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the broth once the onions are tender, and bring the pot to a boil.
- Slice the cabbage and spinach into small strips, dice the celery and carrots, cut the zucchini into small cubes 1/3” inch in width, and cut the broccoli into bite-sized florets.
- Add the vegetables to the soup, season with salt, pepper, and the green herbs and spices of your choice.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender.
The Wakame Egg Soup
Anyone who has ever tried miso soup has tasted the slimy dark green stuff floating around in the bowl, but did you know that wakame — the Japanese word for seaweed in soup – is rich in something called fucoxanthin?
This hard-to-pronounce nutrient helps to speed up the fat burning, and it zeroes in on the fatty tissue stored in your body.
Eggs are also a great source of protein and other fat-burning minerals, and egg whites have almost no fat. Crack two egg whites and one whole egg into a bowl, whisk it up, and drop it into your pot of boiling miso soup.
Add seaweed, serve, and enjoy!
Three Legume Soup
Everyone has heard of three bean salad, but three bean soup is a delicious alternative that will help you to fill your growling stomach without packing in the calories.
Beans, lentils, and split peas are used for this soup, which helps you to burn fat, regulate your digestion, and promote muscle growth through the power of legumes (they’re not call the magical fruit for nothing!).
Boil all of the legumes together for a few hours before making your soup.
(Tip: Leave a whole potato or carrot in the boiling water to absorb the gas-promoting nutrients from the soup, and remove it before making the soup.)
Drain the water once the legumes are cooked, add in low fat, low sodium chicken broth, and chop the veggies of your choice for your fiber and protein-rich belly blasting soup.
Filling? Yes. Fat-burning? Absolutely!
- ½ cup of beans
- ½ cup of lentils
- ½ cup of split peas Chicken or beef broth
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- ¼ head of cabbage
- 2 red bell peppers
- The night before you prepare the soup, soak the three types of legumes in individual pots.
- Drain the water come morning, and put them on the stove to boil all together.
- Drop in a whole potato, as well as a whole onion and head of garlic – leaving the peel on.
- The legumes will need to cook for at least 4 hours, or until you see that the peas and beans have split.
- Drain the water from the legumes, and use a slotted spoon to scoop out the garlic, potato, and onion.
- Place another pot on the stove with the broth to boil, and add the legumes into the broth.
- Dice the onions to add to the soup, along with the carrots, cabbage, and bell peppers.
The Quinoa Soup
Quinoa is one of the best whole grains to eat, as it won’t raise your blood sugar, it’s low in calories, and it fills you up quickly. Whip up a simple vegetable soup using your favorite greens and crunchies, and cook some quinoa in it.
The fiber in the grain will bind with the fat in your body – causing it to be eliminated.
The grain is very high in protein – a very powerful lipid-blasting nutrient — so you can get a complete fat burning meal just by eating this quinoa soup with veggies.
The Tomato Soup
Tomato soup is one of the best basic fat burning soups to eat simply because it is a low-energy density food.  (Note: Low-energy density means that it’s high in fiber and water, but it’s low in fat and calories.)
Keep the cream, milk, and butter out of the pot, but add lots of garlic, onions, spices, and green herbs. If you can stand the heat of chili peppers, the capsaicin will add to the fat-burning properties of this soup!
These are some basic fat burning soups, but they can help you to avoid cheating on your diet just because you’re hungry. They’re not only great for staying full, but they’ll actually help to get your fat burning going in earnest.
Here’s a video showing one more soup recipe for weight loss!
7-Day Diet Weight Loss Cabbage Soup
“How I lose 10 pounds in 7 days with this cabbage soup diet AKA Military diet!”
Watch me make this cabbage soup from start to finish!
I’m going to Disneyland next week and decided that I didn’t want to take my muffin top with me, especially since I have this cute form-fitting shirt that I want to wear so bad…. WITHOUT SPANX!!
When I need to lose my gut or 10 pounds quickly I turn to 3 diets that never lets me down; my green monster smoothie diet, The 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse and my newest love, the 7-day cabbage soup diet!!
Here’s Why I Adore The Cabbage Soup Diet:
- It works!! It’s not science. Cut your calories, unhealthy sugar, starches, for a period of time while drinking lots of water and you’ll lose weight quickly.
- It’s quick!! By the morning of my 8th day, the scale is always 7-10 lbs lighter. My clothes fit differently, and my usually bloated gut is flat. I love it.
- I cheat!! I’ve discovered that I can cheat a bit on this diet. I’ve snuck a muffin in a few times. BEST. MUFFIN.EVER!! I’ve also used some condiments to spice things up.
- Great for pre-diets! This diet is GREAT for the start of a real diet/eating plan. You know, one where you eat a variety of healthy foods and a decent balance of calories. Sometimes you just need a jumpstart, a cleanse, a boost of confidence on the scale. This diet does it!
Side Note: If you’re interested in trying the green monster smoothie, click here to see how I prep my smoothies!
I know some people HATE these type of quick diets, but I love them! They work well for me and the weight stays off as long as I eat a balanced post-diet. If you jump back to eating bad sugars and carbs right away, you’re going to gain the weight back quickly.
Pace yourself. I mainly use this diet for quick weight loss for an event, the week before Thanksgiving or to jumpstart my spring dieting before swimsuit season.
As always consult a doc before cutting your calories like this!
What is the 7-Day Diet (Cabbage Soup Diet)??
OK so let’s talk about the 7-day cabbage soup diet! It’s an old diet that has been around for YEARS and revised over and over again. You are likely to find several different versions online.
Lately, these 7-day diets have become popular. Even Dr. Oz has one. I first read about it on a blog I stumbled upon and thought I’d give it a try, didn’t expect much though. Now I’m hooked!
I NEVER thought I’d like this cabbage soup, but it’s so good!
How Do You Do The 7 -Day Diet?
On the 7-day diet, you follow a specific eating plan every day. Along with eating these foods, you are allowed to have cabbage soup aka wonder soup aka weight loss soup aka miracle soup aka weight watcher soup (so many names for this soup.) whenever you’d like.
This unlimited soup rule is what drew me to the 7-day cabbage soup diet. I love that I can eat this soup in unlimited quantities. I HATE being hungry, and I will not stick to any diet if I’m hungry. Point. Blank. Period. Don’t forget you MUST drink eight glasses of water each day. My results vary if I slack on water, but 7-10 pounds is what I usually lose.
The Cabbage Soup Recipe ( Wonder Soup)
Now about this weight loss Cabbage Soup (Wonder Soup), most websites featuring this diet says you should boil the vegetables in water, uh…no ma’am!! I’ve always used chicken broth or vegetable broth with seasoned canned tomatoes, and it has never hindered my weight loss.
There is NO WAY I would be eating this soup every day if I made it with water. Yuck! Throughout the diet, I also use salt (very lightly), pepper, lots of herbs & seasonings, olive oil, and a tad of butter on potato day. I also add 0-5 calorie flavorings to my water to make sure I get in all my water if needed. These changes have never affected my results.
Watch me make this Weight Loss Cabbage Soup Recipe (Wonder Soup) from start to finish!
(Get the printable 7-day Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe Below)
7-Day Diet Eating Chart
(Don’t forget to drink your water daily and eat your cabbage soup as much as you like!)
My 7-Day Diet Cabbage Soup Diet Journal & Meal Suggestions
(Update: I now add detox tea with a squirt of fresh lemon to my mornings. WOW is all I can say! Try it! I use Total Tea but any detox tea will work)
Day 1- Eat nothing but fruit today (except for bananas) and as much of the diet cabbage soup as you’d like. You should try to stick with fruits with lower sugar content like apples, blueberries, etc. I enjoy eating baked cinnamon apples (using gala or Honeycrisp apples) in the morning, a large fruit salad and cabbage soup for lunch, and cabbage soup and a melon salad for dinner. Get your crunchy fix with dried fruits. Snack on fruit throughout the day. Frozen pineapples and frozen grapes make delicious treats. Also, frozen watermelon blended makes a refreshing, natural slushy. Today wasn’t as bad as I’d expected.
Day 2- Eat nothing but vegetables (except corn or other starchy veggies). However, you do get to start the day with a baked potato (russet or sweet). You will LOVE having this baked potato trust me! I never thought I’d be so happy to eat a baked potato in the morning! I prefer a sweet potato. For breakfast, I dice my sweet potato into cubes, sprinkled with a little olive oil and cinnamon and roast it in the oven along with some bell peppers and onions. For lunch, I do the cabbage soup, and a salad sprinkled with salt, pepper and olive oil. It’s pretty good. For dinner, I do rice cauliflower topped with a stir fry of zucchini, roasted carrots, and bell peppers with light soy sauce (cheating). I snack on baked spinach chips. Today was ok.
Day 3- Today you eat fruits AND veggies (except bananas, corn, and other starchy vegetables) You also don’t get a potato today, sucks! I just do a repeat of day one and two for my foods.
Day 4- Today you eat only bananas and milk/yogurt. This day is the DUMBEST day by far. I hate it. You can just have bananas and milk or unsweetened yogurt. Boooooo, but let’s make the best of it! For breakfast, I do a banana smoothie made with bananas, almond milk, and greek yogurt. For lunch, I eat cabbage soup. For dinner, I do another large banana smoothie and more cabbage soup. I make banana ice cream, by freezing banana slices and then blending them. I also eat some dried banana chips. It’s not that difficult of a day, very dull and if you hate bananas, I feel sorry for you babes.
Day 5- Today eat only tomatoes (6-8) and protein like fish, turkey, and chicken. I had no problems with this day since I love meat and was happy to get it! I made turkey sausage patties for breakfast topped with tomatoes. For lunch, I had grilled chicken topped with tomatoes seasoned with salt, basil, pepper and cabbage soup. For dinner, I had more wonder soup, but I added turkey breakfast sausage to it and more tomatoes. Very filling. I got tired of the soup on this day. Ugh!!
Day 6- Today its protein and veggies- Unlike yesterday you can have other vegetables besides tomatoes. I had turkey sausage and roasted veggies for breakfast. I had a stir-fry with chicken and veggies for lunch, so good. I had spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and ground turkey for dinner. Spaghetti squash is off limits (starchy), but I had to have it! Today was the best! I didn’t have any cabbage soup today. I was feeling over cabbage.
Day 7- Today it’s just fruits, vegetables, and juices. Booo. I hated today. I wanted more meat. Thank God it’s the last day. The scale says I’m 7 pounds lighter this morning, so that was great to see. I feel clean inside. I’m hungry today though, super hungry! For breakfast, I make a huge fruit and veggie smoothie using spinach, apples, oranges, grapes, and water. It was so divine and sweet! Kept me full until it was time for lunch! For lunch, I do a large salad, cabbage soup, and watermelon slushie. For dinner, I do another riced cauliflower stir fry with roasted veggies. I snack on baked cinnamon apples and cantaloupe.
Day 8- 10lbs down this morning and I can see it!! Tummy is nice and flat, and my face looks much slimmer. My husband notices my weight loss too. He’s not happy that my booty looks smaller. Neither am I! My fingers are slimmer, and my wedding ring fits different. Today I paced myself with food and will do so for the next week while on vacation. No sugary foods or bad carbs. I continue with a diet full of fruits, veggies, and lean meats. I incorporate eggs, oatmeal, & whole grain pasta and bread, honey and stevia as a sweetener. My calorie intake is now at it’s recommended level for a healthy weight-loss w/ exercise. I FEEL GREAT!!
Don’t Mess Up Your Beautiful Results.
Here are some of my favorite delicious and healthy snack recipes!
Italian Herb Baked Spinach Chips
11.03.2017 4:29 pm Updated by Admin
Fat Burning Soups For Weight Loss. A simple 3-step plan to lose weight fast, along with numerous effective weight loss tips. If only losing weight was as easy as gaining it, right? While there are plenty of advertised ways to shed some pounds, there are only a handful of methods that actually work.
|The message text*:|