Gm Diet Soup Everyday Math
How to Lose 15-20 Pounds by Eating Soup
Rating: 4 / 4 ( 413321)
Weight Loss Soups
How to Prepare GM Diet Wonder Soup aka Cabbage Soup?
Do you want to follow the GM diet for weight loss?
Then you should first understand the relation between the Wonder soup and General Motors diet. Without eating this cabbage soup during the GM diet program, you won’t be able to see the results like you wanted.
The vegetable soup is one among the main ingredients for quick weight loss in the 7 day diet plan.
The wonder soup is a big part of the GM diet weight loss strategy. You can have the wonder soup as many times as you like it, either while you’re on the 1 week diet or include it in your regular lifestyle. I’ve personally replaced my last meal (dinner) with the soup as it is low in calories and also nutritious.
However, not many people know the exact method of preparing the GM diet wonder soup and for those followers, here is the step by step recipe.
How to Prepare GM Diet Wonder Soup?
This vegetable soup recipe is pretty easy to make and the ingredients you’ll need are below.
- Onions – 1/4 piece
- Cabbage – 1/4 piece
- Tomatoes – 1 large or 2 small
- Green peppers – 1/2
- Celery (optional) – 1 stalk
- Water – as required
- Carrots – 1 small
- Lemon – 1/2 slice (for additional taste)
- Red Chilies – 1 small
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
GM Diet Cabbage Soup Preparation:
- First, chop all the ingredients such as onions, cabbage, carrot, tomatoes, green pepper, celery into small pieces.
- Next, place the pressure cooker pan (without lid) on the stove and add 1 tsp of Olive oil.
- First, add the onions and fry them until golden brown, followed by the rest of the ingredients.
- Lastly, add 1/2 tsp of salt and enough water to fill up the veggies in the pan.
- Now, place the lid of the pressure cooker and allow it to cook until 3-4 whistles.
- Switch off the stove and leave the cooker untouched for another 5-7 minutes.
- Now, open the lid and pour the wonder soup into a bowl.
Squeeze a slice of lemon juice in the cabbage soup for additional flavor and serve hot. You can also add some salt, pepper for seasoning (if you like).
P.S: You can have this soup on all days of the GM diet. Anytime you feel hunger, simply make this wonder soup and fill your stomach. You can have this soup even when you’re not on the diet.
Tip: You can prepare large quantity at a time and simply warm it whenever the hunger pangs hit you.
Recently, a few people have sent their queries to our inbox, asking whether the red cabbage promotes weight loss like the white one. In order to answer that question, first we should know the differences between white cabbage and red cabbage.
Health Benefits of Red Cabbage and White Cabbage
- The red cabbage has got more Vitamin C when compared with the white one or even Oranges in that case. 1 ounce or 28gms of raw red cabbage give you 27% of the DV (daily value) of ‘C’ vitamin while the white or green cabbage contains only 17% of DV per 1 ounce.
- Vitaminc C is known for its awesome ability to boost our immunity system, apart from keeping our skin, teeth and bones strong.
- The red cabbages contain ‘anthocyanins‘ which help protect your body from many degenerative diseases. Unfortunately, this is missing in the white cabbages. As per the study in Feb 2002, scientists found that anthocyanins in red cabbage had anti-cancer effects.
- You can get more ‘glucosinolates‘ in red cabbages than the white ones. These glucosinolates along with anthocyanins are proven to hinder cancer cell proliferation.
- The White/green cabbage contains more vitamin K than the red ones. While 1 ounce of red cabbage gives you 13% DV of ‘K’ vitamin, the white ones give you a whooping 27%.
When we compare all the health benefits of white and red cabbages, the red ones are a clear winner. So, it is clear that red cabbages have more benefits over their white counterpart. Now, let us find out whether the red color cabbages are good for weight loss or not?
Does Red Cabbage Promote Weight Loss?
Calories: They contain very less calories; a cup of raw shredded cabbage contains just 22 calories. It has more water, 5.2 gms of carbohydrates and 1 gm of protein. It is no doubt, fat FREE.
Energy: Since the cabbage is a very low calorie food, you can become full by eating large amounts of it without worrying about adding more calories to your body. According to a study, eating red cabbage before the meal will make you eat smaller portion of high caloric foods like meat because you’ll already be full by then.
According to a study published in the ‘European Journal of Clinical Nutrition’ in the year 2007, people who consumed at least 400gms of vegetables & 300gms of fruits per day lost more weight when compared with those who were put into restricted diet. So, eating more red cabbage may help you lose weight.
Final Verdict: As we look at the above facts, it is crystal clear that red cabbages have got more healthy benefits over the white ones. However both the cabbage types can equally contribute to weight loss. So, by replacing the white cabbages in the wonder soup with the red ones, you can lose weight and the same time get the vitamins which are a bit lesser in quantity in the white cabbages.
The GM Diet Plan: Lose Fat in Just 7 Days?
The GM diet, also known as the General Motors diet, is a plan that promises to help you lose up to 15 pounds (6.8 kg) in just one week.
Each day of the GM diet permits you to eat different foods or food groups.
Proponents of the diet claim this technique stimulates weight loss and helps burn fat faster than other diets. But does it actually work? This article looks into the GM diet and its pros and cons.
The GM diet was supposedly created for the employees of General Motors in 1985.
It is said to have been developed with help from the US Department of Agriculture and the FDA, with extensive testing at the Johns Hopkins Research Center.
However, this claim has since been debunked as an urban myth, and the true origins of the GM diet remain unknown.
The GM diet plan is broken up into seven days, each with strict rules about which food groups you can consume.
For example, your diet on day two is limited to only vegetables, while on day five you're instructed to eat several whole tomatoes and large portions of meat.
The diet can supposedly help you:
- Lose up to 15 pounds (6.8 kg) in just one week
- Get rid of toxins and impurities in your body
- Improve your digestion
- Enhance your body's ability to burn fat
Proponents of the GM diet say it works because many of the foods included in the diet are low in calories, such as fruits and vegetables.
This can help promote weight loss by creating a calorie deficit, which is when you consume fewer calories than you burn throughout the day.
The plan also states that many of the foods in the diet are "negative-calorie foods," meaning they provide fewer calories than they take to digest.
Many of the foods the diet recommends are also high in water. For this reason, proponents claim that the GM diet can enhance fat loss and help detoxify your body.
Supporters also say you may repeat the diet multiple times to achieve your long-term weight goals, recommending a gap of 5–7 days between cycles.
Summary: The origins of the GM diet remain unknown. Proponents claim it can help you detoxify, burn more fat, improve your digestion and lose up to 15 pounds (6.8 kg) in one week.
The GM diet is divided into seven days, with different rules that apply to each day.
It recommends that you drink 8–12 glasses of water each day to stay hydrated throughout the diet.
Although exercise is not required for weight loss on this diet, it is optional. However, the diet recommends against exercise during the first three days.
It also allows followers to consume two to three bowls of "GM Wonder Soup" each day. It's made with cabbage, celery, tomatoes, onions and bell peppers.
Here are the specific guidelines for each day of the GM diet:
- Eat only fruit — any kind except bananas.
- No maximum amount of fruit is specified.
- The diet especially encourages followers to eat melons to increase weight loss.
- Eat only vegetables in raw or cooked form.
- The diet does not specify a maximum amount of vegetables.
- Limit potatoes to breakfast only.
- Eat only fruits and vegetables of any kind except bananas and potatoes.
- The diet doesn't specify a maximum amount.
- Consume only bananas and milk.
- You can eat up to 6 large or 8 small bananas.
- Drink 3 glasses of milk, preferably skim.
- Eat two 10-ounce (284-gram) portions of beef, chicken or fish.
- In addition to the meat, you may only eat 6 whole tomatoes.
- Vegetarians may replace meat with either brown rice or cottage cheese.
- Increase your water intake by two glasses to flush out extra uric acid. This is a chemical product of the breakdown of purines, which are found in meat.
- Eat only two 10-ounce (284-gram) portions of beef, chicken or fish.
- Today's meals may include an unlimited amount of vegetables, but no potatoes.
- Vegetarians may replace meat with either brown rice or cottage cheese.
- Increase your water intake by two glasses to flush out extra uric acid.
- Eat only brown rice, fruits, fruit juice and vegetables.
- No maximum amount is specified for any of these foods.
The GM diet provides a few other guidelines in addition to the plan outlined above.
First of all, beans are not allowed on the diet. The diet claims they are high in calories and may cause weight gain.
Coffee and green tea are permitted, but only without the addition of any sweeteners. Soda, alcohol and other calorie-filled beverages are not allowed unless specified in the diet.
Additionally, some substitutions are okay. For example, you may use cottage cheese to replace meat, and soy milk instead of regular milk.
Finally, after you're finished the week-long plan, the GM diet advises you to consume a high-protein, low-carb diet to help maintain weight loss.
Summary: There are a few additional rules to this diet, such as avoiding beans, sweeteners and high-calorie beverages. You're also advised to follow a low-carb, high-protein diet after the GM plan.
Here is a sample diet plan broken up into seven days:
- Breakfast: 1 bowl of mixed berries
- Snack: 1 pear
- Lunch: 1 apple
- Snack: 1 bowl of watermelon
- Dinner: 1 orange
- Snack: 1 bowl of cantaloupe slices
- Breakfast: 1 bowl of boiled potatoes
- Snack: 1 bowl of baby carrots
- Lunch: 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets and steamed
- Snack: 1 bowl of cherry tomatoes
- Dinner: 5 spears of steamed asparagus with 1 bowl of arugula
- Snack: 1/3 cucumber, sliced
- Breakfast: 1 apple
- Snack: 1 bowl of cherry tomatoes
- Lunch: 1 bowl of spinach with cucumbers and tomatoes
- Snack: 1 orange
- Dinner: 1 bowl of kale with strawberries and avocado
- Snack: 1 bowl of mixed berries
- Breakfast: 2 large bananas with 1 glass of milk
- Lunch: 2 large bananas with 1 glass of milk
- Dinner: 2 large bananas with 1 glass of milk
- Breakfast: 3 whole tomatoes
- Lunch: 10-oz (284-g) steak with 1 whole tomato
- Dinner: 10-oz (284-g) tilapia with 2 whole tomatoes
- Breakfast: 1/2 avocado
- Lunch: 10-oz (284-g) grilled chicken breast with asparagus and cherry tomatoes
- Dinner: 10-oz (284-g) broiled salmon with kale and Brussels sprouts
- Breakfast: 1 bowl of brown rice with a side of watermelon wedges
- Lunch: 1 bowl of brown rice with broccoli and 1 cup (237 ml) of fruit juice
- Dinner: 1 bowl of brown rice with mixed vegetables
Although no studies have examined the GM diet, there's some research on certain aspects of it.
First of all, the plan encourages an increased intake of fruits and vegetables, which has been shown to help promote weight loss.
This is because fruits and vegetables are low in calories and can create a greater calorie deficit to increase weight loss.
In a 2015 study of more than 133,000 participants, people with the highest intake of fruits and non-starchy vegetables had the lowest risk of weight change over a four-year period (1).
In addition, the diet limits some foods and beverages that cause weight gain. Sugary beverages, for example, have been shown to contribute to weight gain (2).
Alcohol is also high in calories and may cause weight gain (3).
Despite the strict regulations about which foods are permitted on each day, the diet allows you to select your choice of meats, fruits and vegetables based on your personal preference. This could make the plan feel less restrictive.
Summary: The GM diet is somewhat flexible on the foods you can choose. It encourages you to eat more fruits and vegetables, while limiting sugar-sweetened beverages and alcohol.
There are many disadvantages to following the GM diet, including the following:
There's No Research to Support It
The biggest drawback of the GM diet is that there is no research that evaluates how well it works. Besides anecdotal evidence, there is nothing to actually back up the claims of the diet.
While the diet claims to include "negative-calorie foods" that burn more calories than they provide, there is no evidence to support this.
Though some foods do require more calories to digest than others, the foods in the GM diet still supply calories (4).
The GM Diet Lacks Important Nutrients
The diet is also not well-balanced and may lead to feelings of deprivation and hunger on some days, due to the varying amounts of macronutrients it provides.
Most days of the diet provide relatively low amounts of protein, for example.
This can actually be counterproductive, since studies show that protein can decrease appetite and enhance weight loss (5, 6).
In one six-month study of 65 participants, those on a high-protein diet lost 8.4 pounds (3.8 kg) more than those on a high-carb diet (6).
On top of these issues, the diet is lacking in many other essential nutrients. The first three days, for example, are very low in fat, vitamin B12, iron, calcium and more.
Weight Loss on the GM Diet May Be Temporary
Most of the weight lost on this diet is likely to be water weight, rather than fat.
Any time you reduce your calorie intake, your body looks for other sources of fuel. This causes your body to break down glycogen, an energy-storage molecule found in the liver and muscles.
Glycogen holds onto a lot of water, so as your glycogen stores are depleted, this loss of water can cause your weight to drop rapidly (7).
Unfortunately, this type of weight loss is only temporary. You'll probably regain it soon after you resume your normal diet.
To achieve long-term, sustainable weight loss, pair a balanced and healthy diet with regular physical activity. Research has repeatedly shown this to be the most effective option (8, 9, 10).
Summary: There are some big downsides to the GM diet. For starters, no research backs up its claims. It also lacks important nutrients and may only lead to temporary weight loss.
Many people seek out "quick fixes" to lose weight fast. Unfortunately, it's just not possible to accomplish long-term, lasting weight loss in only one week.
Though this diet encourages you to eat fruits and vegetables while limiting sugar-sweetened beverages, its drawbacks far outweigh any potential benefits.
In short, it's not backed by research, it lacks essential nutrients and it won't lead to lasting weight loss.
Instead of engaging in endless cycles of yo-yo dieting and losing weight only to regain it, try incorporating a healthy diet into your everyday life.
Your weight and your health will be better for it.
An evidence-based nutrition article from our experts at Authority Nutrition.
GM Diet Soup
GM Diet Wonder Soup Recipe
GM Diet Wonder Soup
Soup and GM Diet go hand in hand. GM Diet famous for it’s quick weight loss plan of about 10 pounds in a week owes much of its effects to the wonder soup that is a big part of the diet plan. The wonder soup can be eaten in unlimited quantities and on any day of the General Motors Diet.
GM Diet Wonder Soup
The recipe is pretty straight forward and very easy to make.
- Start off with the onions and green pepper. Cut up the onions and green pepper and lightly saute it with a few drops of olive oil till they turn a light brown.
- Next up is the celery, tomatoes and cabbage. Chop them up and add everything to a large pot with water.
- Bring it to a boil and slow cook it till everything is tender. You probably need to cook this for close to 60 min. Add salt, dried herbs or spices and pepper for seasoning.
That’s pretty much there is to it. The wonder soup can be eaten in unlimited quantities and is a real delight to eat. Anytime you find yourself hungry on any day of the GM Diet, the wonder soup is the way to go. Make sufficient quantities each day so that when hunger pangs hit you, you have something you can quickly warm up and eat.
The GM Diet wonder soup is really tasty as well, you will find yourself eating this even when you are not on a diet.
28.10.2017 1:35 pm Updated by Admin
Fat Burning Soups For Weight Loss. A simple 3-step plan to lose weight fast, along with numerous effective weight loss tips. If only losing weight was as easy as gaining it, right? While there are plenty of advertised ways to shed some pounds, there are only a handful of methods that actually work.
|The message text*:|