Creamy Broccoli Soup Flat Belly Diet
How to Lose 15-20 Pounds by Eating Soup
Rating: 5 / 4 ( 102924)
Weight Loss Soups
The 5 Worst Soups for Weight Loss (and 5 to Try Instead)
Soup is the ultimate comfort food. But if you're watching your weight, it can also be an unexpected drain on your calorie and fat bank. This doesn't mean you have to give up your favorite cold-weather soup. Just avoid these five soups listed below, and swap them out for the healthier alternatives we've provided:
1. Clam chowder. Anything with the word "chowder" in it is probably going to be high in cream, fat, and calories. Campbell's Chunky New England Clam Chowder tops the list with 230 calories per serving, 13 grams of fat, and 890 milligrams of sodium. Plus each can contains two servings, so if you eat them at the same time, you're up to 1,780 grams of sodium.
2. Potato soup. Potato soup can be healthy, but it's often made with a cream base instead of a broth base, which means that it, like the chowder, can be loaded with calories and saturated fat.
3. Lobster bisque. With an average of 13.1 grams of fat (that's 20 percent of the daily recommended serving), most of it saturated, and 896 grams of sodium, this is a definite diet don't!
4. Chili. Chili's actually not that bad: It often contains a lot of fiber, protein, and vegetables. However, most of the time it's also accompanied by a huge chunk of cornbread on the side. If you're going to have chili, skip the bread, and have a salad instead.
5. Broccoli and cheese soup. Soup using broccoli as a base? Healthy! Dousing that broccoli in cheese? Not so healthy. Most restaurant versions tend to feature a few tiny broccoli florets drowning in a bowl of cheese, so if you see this one on the menu, skip it.
Try one of these instead:
1. Mushroom and barley soup. This low-cal recipe features plenty of vegetables as well as barley to make a hearty meal that will fill you up, not out.
2. Lumberjackie soup. Vegan-friendly and easy to make, this recipe calls for a hodge-podge of vegetables that's packed with antioxidants and minerals. Just throw the ingredients into your crockpot, let it cook, and you're done!
3. Chilled soups. If you can brave the cold and want to try a chilled soup instead of a hot one, try one of these healthy and slimming chilled soups.
4. Chicken, zucchini and potato soup. For the days when you want more than a snack, this flavor-packed soup's sure to please. The chicken and potatoes will help fill you up, while the zucchinis provide a serving of veggies.
5. Homemade tomato soup. Who doesn't like tomato soup on a cold gray day? Skip the canned versions, which are packed with sodium, and go for this healthy homemade version instead.
Trouvez votre magasin Picard
Vos magasins Picard près de chez vous
Créée en 1973, l’entreprise Picard Surgelés compte plus de 900 magasins partout en France.
Picard propose plus de 1000 produits surgelés allant de produits simples aux recettes très élaborées. N’hésitez pas, Picard garantit la qualité de ses produits surgelés pour une alimentation saine et équilibrée. Picard Surgelés vous propose 200 nouveautés chaque année et pense à tous les porte-monnaie avec une sélection de produits à prix réduits tous les mois.
Localisez facilement le magasin Picard surgelés proche de vous pour y découvrir toutes les gammes de produits : légumes surgelés, apéritifs et plats cuisinés surgelés, pâtisseries surgelées.
Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1 small to medium onion, sliced
- 3 leeks thinly sliced using the white parts
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 5-6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (I use Native Forest because I have heard the can is BPA-free)
- 3 cups bone broth (beef or chicken)
- 2-3 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Heat coconut oil in a large pot on medium heat. Saute onions, leeks and garlic until soft and translucent. Add broccoli florets, coconut milk, and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until florets are soft. Add lemon juice. Use immersion blender to puree contents of the pot until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve!
Optional: Add 1 Tbsp of curry powder at the end of cooking and blend into soup for a little spice and warmth to the soup.
23.04.2017 8:29 pm Updated by Admin
Fat Burning Soups For Weight Loss. A simple 3-step plan to lose weight fast, along with numerous effective weight loss tips. If only losing weight was as easy as gaining it, right? While there are plenty of advertised ways to shed some pounds, there are only a handful of methods that actually work.
|The message text*:|